Jim Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bulluck, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If it's just a question of having good players, why do you need a DC in the first place?

Now I'm not blaming tonights loss on Schwartz, while I don't agree with his scheme in general, I didn't see anything in that respect that cost us the game. However if you're giving him excuses when bad players are on the field, don't give him credit when good players are on the field either.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Star buddy I was with you till that statement. It is because the d line sucked they didn't get close enough to cutler or Gray last week to tell what kind of cologne they were wearing.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:eh?:

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Too early in the morning, Jeff?

Basically, if you're going to absolve Schwartz of any guilt when the defence is playing bad, because we have bad players on the field, then you shouldn't be giving him praises when the defence is playing well, because we have good players on the field.

Translation:
    We sucked the last couple of years, but it wasn't Schwartz fault, he had bad talent.
    We played really well early this season, but it wasn't Schwartz fault, he had incredible talent.

Morale of the story:
    It cuts both ways.

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Schwartz is a Joke. I have been saying it for the past few seaons. It is clear to me that the word Adjustment is not in his vocabulary. Examples: 3 & 6, he goes cover two, which obviously is designed to take away the deep pass, and give the underneath stuff. For one, they only needed six yards for a 1st dn so that was a dumb call right there, secondly, you can only give Cover two if your D-line gives you some resembelance of a pass rush, which obviously we didn't.

Next, Blitz. It looked as if we only came a few times resulting in 1 sack. Our defense should have blitzed more. That's the thing, he's scared of giving up the big play by blitzing, but we were giving up the big play regardless, so GOD DAMMIT BLITZ!!!! He's a second year player and is bound to make a wrong read and throw a pick, get sacked, or throw an incompletion.

I said it once, I'll say it again, again, and again. SCHWARTZ IS A FRAUD!

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Umm- would that be to coordinate the defense?

The Pats don't seem to have a drop-off in production when they "roll" through injuries.

Schwartz SHOULD have called more blitzes last night. Cutler was picking us a part. Red Hat's problem is that he DOESN'T adjust from his "boy-genius" gameplan-even when it is getting smoked.

7. gojohn45

gojohn45 Guest

Last night...Bulluck: Mr. Monday Night...was Mr. Missed Tackles... I'm not a Schwartz fan, but he's not the one out there getting run over/around/past...

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's very hard to argue with this point.

Also let's not let our expectations get too far ahead of where we are as a team.This year we have a legitimate bunch of starters who have what it takes. Adam Jones returning with his reasonable cap numbers would be a phenomenal boost.

The problem that we had when we went through our cap woes was that we had no choice but to play our draft picks. Most of those guys still make up our depth.

Some of them will never make it on another team when they are gone.

Haynesworth & KVB playing side by side is our best offseason move. Teams can't deal with it & outr LB & secondary benefit from it.

Starks has played for two weeks now & been slapped silly.He is as bad as Hill. Every snapped linemen are getting into his pads,standing him up & pushing him around.

Watch all those big inside runs last night.Starks is steered into Thornton & Bulluck with ease taking them out as well.

Teams like the Pats & the Colts who've managed their cap well have been able to consolidate their depth well. Next years draft will be the 1st opportunity we have to do the same. It's crucial that we resign Albert even if he 's only good for 12 games a year.

If we manage the cap well the depth will come

9. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Depends on the coach. Ask the Colts? Trust me when I say it kills me use the Colts as an example. They did not have enough healthy people to fill the roster but yet they won. They were down at times to their last string wide out. They have played half the season without Marvin Harrison. Lost key personnel over the summer and yet they still keep winning. It may not be pretty but a win none the less. So yes, I will argue that the players on the field matter MORE when you are not as good as other people. When you yourself are deficient you probably require better players. But if you are one of the best you can probably hide the deficiencies of some of your players.

just my two cents

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Why is it that Nick Harper looked so good against the rest of the league while playing with the Colts, yet since he has become a Titan he has been exposed more than Paris Hilton's beaver? I believe the answer we are all looking for is COACHING!

Good to see you back MsTitan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar