Jim Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bulluck, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The legendary greg williams..

4 times in 12 years jeff fisher had a top 10 defense. One of those 4 years was with greg williams as DC. 2 of fisher's best defenses were while williams was linebacker coach in 95 and 96 when we finished 3rd and 6th respectively which makes you wonder why those teams were not better but that is another debate.

Williams took over in 97 and his first 3 years we were ranked 22nd, 14th and 18th respectively in total defense. So even with our outstanding 2000 defense the average ranking in the williams years was just 14th. Can you say average?

In williams' 3 years in buffalo as HC the defense had an average ranking of 13th. In his 4 years as DC for the redskins the defense has averaged 13th.

During schwartz's 7 year run the average defense has been ranked 19th.

14th vs 19th. Not a huge difference there and we all know that schwartz has had more to deal with in injuries and cap casualties.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hey Roll Tide-

You might put these on next time you visit Schwartz and his shorts.

[​IMG]

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nice homophobic retort. You proably think pacman should be our next DC.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I really don't want to bother comparing Schwartz with Williams because it is a stupid waste of time. What I know is our defense has gone from one of the best to one of the worst almost over night. Our running attack has also hit the skids. I place the blame directly on Fisher, he is the HC. If this team tanks Fisher is the one who should be raked across the coals and their is alot more to this crap we are seeing than AH being out.

5. Riverman

Nobody gets a free pass. I agree completely. I did like what Fisher said in his press conference about "not seeing that coming". Maybe his eyes are open now. We'll see.

Ultimately Fish is responsible. I hope he sees the mess the offense is in and the monumental collapse as our D returns to its former self of 04, 05 and 06.

6. Riverman

If the knee pads fit..........

All in fun. I realize you just don't want Fisher to get a free pass also- that is not what I am implying. Schwartz needs to be accountable for the D (as does Fish). It is just that Schwartz accountability comes first and if he continues to flounder then he needs to go. If the next DC flounders, then Fish needs to get fired. IMO, that is how the order should work.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Fisher's accountability comes first. He is the head coach, and a defensive guy to begin with. You know he has more input into the game plan and schemes than Schwartz does. I cant for the life of me understand how you think a coordinator should be held more accountable than the head coach. If the coordinator is that bad, then Fisher either needs to get rid of him, or take over play calling. But regardless, Fisher holds the most responsibility in how this team is coached, not the coordinators.

8. Riverman

See above. Apparently I was clear. I don't mean Schwartz should be held more accountable, just Schwartz's accountability for the unit collapse should be addressed first by Fisher. Ultimately it is all on Fisher. But Fisher must first hold Schwartz accountable to get it fixed- if he doesn't, then I agree Fisher needs to fire Schwartz or take over.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

We sure aren't going to beat many teams with 6 freaking points on the board. We stunk all the way around.

10. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Which has been my point for past 3-4 years. You develop a scheme that doesn't include those things. I am no defensive guru. I am just a girl. But usually when I think of great defenses those things are usually not a part of it. Great defensive coordinators teach the basics early and coach excellence on the field. I am not calling Williams great but I will say he is better than Schwartz and one thing that I will say is his defenses tackled well. Other people can stat quote and say they were ranked #32 etc., blah, blah. Maybe so but atleast that knocked someone's block off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar