Jim Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bulluck, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

While Haynesworth is the key to the Ds success, Schwartz finds a way to put our other key guys like Thornton, Bulluck, and Hope out of position to make a play, we dont blitz either, we just sit back and let them find the open gap

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Explain to me how he is ultimately responsible when he doesn't actually play on the field? Is this just some sort of need to place blame? If you want ultimate responsibility, go to Fisher.

Is Schwartz to blame for Finnegan getting juked out of his shorts or Harper from being burned or Griffin missing tackles or KVB being manhandled, etc. etc. etc.

You saw what I saw today. Schwartz blitzed from the corner, LB, two at a time, etc. He played the base, nickel, etc. From what I can tell, he tried everything in the book to stop the Bengals.

As for the players on the field, he had three DTs to work from and none would probably crack the starting lineup on 90% of the other teams in the league.

As for personnel decisions, that's Fisher.

Again, tell me what Schwartz could have done differently? I've yet to hear anybody say. The players didn't execute.

Like Tide said, the man who rubber stamps everything we see from a personnel and scheme standpoint is Fisher.

I personally see more issues with Chow than I do Schwartz. Schwartz is without his best player. Schwartz has been successful and the Titans defense is the ONLY reason the team went 6-2 this season.

Chow and the offense hasn't done squat most of the season. Two field goals in five trips into the red zone against one of the worst Ds in the league? Chow hasn't found a way to be consistent running the football when he had to. Just look at the turnovers, drops, etc. The Titans won IN SPITE of a horrible offense.

I see posters all the time talk about how White isn't a good RB or Young doesn't have talent around him as the reason for the offense sucking then turn around and point to Schwartz when the defense sucks when personnel on that side of the ball is just as important.

If you blame Schwartz and not the players, then you need to be riding Chow harder. And if you blame either, then you need to look at the man who signs off on both.

3. TitanJeff

I give up. You guys win. I'm back to blaming Schwartz for it all.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

FWIW, I declared him clinically insane last year ;)

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Agreed. But Fisher has taken a team to the super bowl. Schwartz hasn't. Fisher's body of work is much more impressive.

Don't misunderstand me- the players are to blame for their lack of execution but that DOES NOT excuse Schwartz from accountability for his unit.

What criteria do you justify when a coordinator to lose his job TJ?

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:grrhee:

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Blame and accountability are two completely different things. Certainly there are things that Schwartz can't physically change, however, that DOES NOT excuse him from taking RESPONSIBILITY for HIS unit that HE is coordinating.

That has been the source of my frustration with Schwartz (and Fisher for not putting the heat on Schwartz and the D.)

8. TitanJeff

We finally reach common ground.

I've never said Schwartz does not deserve criticism for poor performance. He must be held accountable to a degree. But from what I read from many here is he is the SOLE REASON for a poor defensive performance and the defense would actually improve if he were replaced.

I believe success or failure ultimately comes to the execution of the players on the field.

For example, you see a patient. The symptoms are obvious. You know what the treatment should be. If the patient doesn't follow the treatment as proscribed and takes too many or too few pills, doesn't get bed rest, etc. is the doctor responsible because the patient doesn't improve?

I think many here feel the Dr. Schwartz is proscribing treatment for the flu to a patient with a broken leg. I don't. I think he knows what he's doing and defensive failure is due to the players.

Could he be better? Maybe. But he isn't the worst either.

Continued poor performance which can be directly traced to inferior scheme. It's my opinion that no other DC in the league would have gotten anything better from the Titans defense today.

And if he isn't the reason for a poor performance, what does firing him solve?

9. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

I really wish some team would have offered Schwartz a coaching job a few weeks ago when they thought he was actually worth ****.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

He's always been worth his weight in that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar