Jim Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bulluck, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What option did he have? Veal? Brown? They were blown up as well.

When the opponent holds the ball for nearly 39 minutes, you have no option but to play the entire rotation.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:hang:

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I bet they had a good week of pratice though

and everyone saw them fighting their guts out right?

looks like Reynaldo Hill probably didn't pratice quite as good this week judging by NOT seeing him getting burned deep play after play. 32 of 36 passing allowed and 14 of 18 third downs allowed. Just stunningly awful.

whatever scheme the Mad Genuis Schwartz started the game with should be buried underneath the playbook containing the goalline TE between the tackles shuffle pass

4. TitanJeff

They brought Thornton in a number of times. They sometime brought two.

I'd love to hear what you feel Schwartz should have done.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

D allowing 14 of 18 on third downs means the D saw what 80 snaps? yeah that forces everyone to take snaps - can still force Starks to sit out the first half and make the other three DTs take a few more snaps. This acceptance of subpar performances should never be tolerated. Everytime Fisher/Schwartz and Chow ( too a lesser degree ) do nothing but circle the wagons and protect the players. Winning organizations throw useless losers underneath the bus all the time. Think NE would have kept playing a DT who was being pushed back into the secondary on every play? of course not.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Scheme's my butt!

Getting our butts kicked had nothing to do with schemes. We are a soft team of under achievers and morons and mediocre at best coaches. I read all these posts and i am the only one who even mentions jeff fisher's name. Isn't he the damn head coach? Doesn't he set the tone for the whole organization? All i'm reading from many posts here are a bunch of gutless posters who always want to blame someone other than our head coach. Fisher gets the royal treatment while posters bash the coordinators fisher himself hired.

What has jeff fisher accomplished all these years? 4 winning seasons out of 12 with another 7-9 gem apparently in the works? Big damn deal. If we miss the playoffs this season it will be 4 straight years for the genius coach. Maybe some of you posters can put the blame where it belongs when this team takes a dump on the field and jeff fisher is more responsible than anyone..:banned:

7. TitanJeff

Brown, Starks and Veal was all the Titans had.

The Titans wouldn't either if they had options.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'm going to have to agree with you....except for the scheme your butt part.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I disagree. The DC is ultimately responsible for every aspect of the performance. If the unit is doing well, the DC gets the credit- doing poorly- he gets the blame. If the unit is on the decline- he is responsible for making the appropriate adjustments. If his unit is getting smoked in the game- he is responsible for coordinating the effort to keep it from continuing. That includes personnel also. He makes the call for who is on the field. If some players aren't executing, then it is his responsibility to find some who will.

That was an inexcusable performance by the D today and Schwartz is ultimately responsible.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep not even a DT like healthy body on the pratice squad. Put MR on my list of FO personnel who are to blame for this fiasco too.

As a check I am going to see if a good team (Green Bay) and a bad team (Carolina) have any DTs on their pratice squad. Just too prove to myself one way or another if there ARE players available right NOW.

hold on during the silence .....

Green Bay has ZERO DTs on their pratice squad, but they have 5 DTs on the 53 man roster.

Carolina has ZERO DTs on their pratice squad also, yet again they have 5 DTs on the 53 man roster.

So my position that there is somebody out there for the Titans to grab could be in error ( not gonna check the other 29 teams ), but MR should have kept another DT on the team cause AH has never played 16 games why did MR think 2007 would be different. Really puts the team in a bind, expecially when the interior DL decides they don't want to play anymore and their is still 10 minutes left in the first period!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar