Jim Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bulluck, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yes, if it wasn't because they've also beat the Cowboys, Colts and Chargers.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

See the Mad Boy Genius Schwartz scheme his way to victory today against the hapless Bengals.....

Hold on ....

Yep its the same ol second half of the season Schwartzie, who apparently cannot take a dump without Haynesworth assisting, who did not play Reynaldo that I noticed so instead of getting gacked in chunks the Titans D died the death of 1000 cuts. 14 of 18 on third down for crying out loud. Bengals were, WERE, I repeat WERE, one of the worst rushing teams in the league - nut not against MBSGWB Schwartz. Cincinnatti ran like 90 plays on chief red shirts D. Schwartz continues to have absoutly ZERO answers without his All-Pros on the field.

With average personnel and average DC should have an average D.

Schwartz has proven that with superior personnel he is a competent DC, with average talent he is a bad DC and missing ONE DT makes him an impotent DC.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

GoT.. you're giving us too much credit with the word 'average'..

I'd describe our D's performance today as:
    -Poor
    -unworthy
    -ridiculous
    -absent
    -absurd
    -meaningless
    -Schwartzified

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'd add,
    -uninspired
    -lackadaisical
    -lethargic
    -porous

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

french like in effectiveness

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What would you have done differently today? What possible scheme works when your tackles are blown three yards off the LOS each snap into the LBs? I think we saw every blitz from every position in the books and Palmer ate their lunch.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let's make this argument simple TJ.

Is Schwartz responsible for the performance of the defense?

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

this is not about this game alone, although in this game you are correct the DT were an embarassment. Wonder why Starks kept getting snaps seeing as he was so ineffective? Possibly because the emotionless automotron Schwartz is gonna go by the snap count/D package as described on his Excel gameplan too heck with reality he's got some numbers to massage.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I was saying in the game thread, on second and third and short we were blitzing off the side, why not inside lb blitz in that situation. Also our DBs were playing way too far off the WRs all game. Ocho Cinco destroyed us, maybe we had more double coverage on him than I saw, but I felt like we weren't respecting him most of the day, which seemed to cost us.

Palmer did seem lightning quick on his releases today.

I don't think the defensive players executed well. But I didn't think the gameplan helped them out much. Hard to understand how we gave up a 77 yard drive for a TD to start the game.... then come out in the second half and give up another 77 yard drive. It's called adjustments people, come on! :grrhee:

All i know is, this **** needs to change. A few weeks ago, I felt like we were playoff bound, and with an amazing perfect game could give the Pats/Colts a run in a playoff game. I don't know how to make excuses for the drastic change in the team in the last 3 games. Losing AH for a few games shouldn't mean we go from top 5 D to giving up 35 in a game. It doesn't seem like this team was ready or properly prepared in the last 3 games. Hopefully a great turnaround occurs, because a hot team going into the playoff has a shot at a superbowl. Time is running out so its gotta start soon or hello 2008.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

To a degree. But the majority of blame/praise is on the players. Replacing Schwartz doesn't change anything when your LBs are dodging the DTs as they are being blown backwards on every snap.

Is he the reason for their poor performance? No more than he is for their superior play earlier in the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar