Jim Schwart'z future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ratt1118, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Since when? He dives at feet and rarely wraps. He's whiffed more tackles than most.

He's improved but far from what I would call physical. And he's a prime example of a player who doesn't show fundamental techniques though he has improved a lot since earlier in the season.

2. TitanJeff

If you went out to a training camp session, you'll see the positional coaches are the ones who work technique with the players.

So you are blaming Schwartz for Pacman's tackle whiffs earlier this season?

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Good points and I agree.

I meant Adam Jones is physical in the sense that he obviously likes to hit and mix it up - he ain't skeered of it.

Granted his stature prevents him from being a head hunter.

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

As opposed to what, a stiff like Andre Wookfolk who looks nice in a uniform and takes all the right steps..........about three days too late?

Pacman is a natural. He's just adjusting to the speed.

5. TitanJeff

I don't think Woolfolk has shown to be very technically-sound in his coverage at all.

6. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

And if Romeo Crennel was his DC he would have been technically sound as a rookie. Just in case somebody went down in the superbowl and you had to play against Donovan McNabb and TO. He could throw you in there and you could perform without missing a beat.

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Old Romeo's tearing it up there in Cleveland. Man they are tough. His Defense is dominating other teams. That's why their in last place.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, then let's fire Dchwartz and save the money, he obviously doesn't do anything if Fisher is in complete charge of the defence... :ha:

Fisher is like a board chairman, he oversees, supervises and lays out the guidelines, but it's the CEO, ie. Schwartz, who runs the day to day business and in the opinion of many he isn't getting it done.

Take Chow as an example, despite an overthehill? QB, unproven RB, rookie receivers and tight ends, multiple injuries and a suspect O-line to say the least, he is actually getting pretty good results from his offence and more importantly improvement is evident every week. And it's his first year here...

9. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Well, they beat us. They also held the Colts to 13 points which is more than our defense can say and we had two chances. The Browns may be in last place now but they are also doing something else that our defense isn't doing and that is improving from year to year. They are also tough I bet that would "open up a can a whop A$$" on my beloved team.

Step outside the box or in you case outside the stat sheet for a second.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, you gotta hate that their defense is 8th in scoring defense. wow, thats higher than schwartz has ever been.

but i suppose thats because crennel has a defense full of pro bowlers. wait, no, the browns didnt have one pro bowler. huh, thats funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar