Jim Schwart'z future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ratt1118, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

Like who? Who are these great players that Schwartz (even though he's not the position coach for these guys) has failed to "mold" and get the most out of?

Who are these guys that went on to other teams and did so much more than they did here, which is the only way to support the accusation that it was the coaching and not the player?

I can think of one guy who got cut in training camp by the Titans and became a solid player somewhere else: Keith Adams. A small LB who came out of college early and didn't look like that much in camp here. But let's be clear, the Cowboys got their hands on him next, and they also let him go before he landed in Philly and carved out first a special teams spot, then a spot on the D.

I can't think of many (any?) guys who were starters or key backups here and went on to do more with their next team, since Schwartz joined the staff as LB coach and then DC.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Godfrey is doing all right. Carter and Thornton and Hall and Smith and Walker have all done well also. Dyson is doing ok on a good team. Schulters is not the embarassment that Thompson and Williams are.

I guess I must not understand your point.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Carlos Hall has done jack in Kansas.

4. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

I dont think anyone is saying the talent level is great, its more along the lines of the the defense being soft and has been since wonderboy has been DC. If the D came out fired up and the opposing team was getting chunks of yrds like they always do, but the D was laying the wood to them on every catch or run we wouldnt have as many disgrunlted fans.

If you have never layed the smackdown on sombody maybe you just dont understand?:ha:

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

If they were laying the "smack down" every time they wouldn't suck. It comes with the territory. I mean seriously, you can't really have both. If they were good they would play that way but they suck so they play like they suck. They look plenty fired up at every game I've been to. How many frickin' pep talks do they need??? To say that they aren't fired up enough is about the dumbest excuse for not playing well that I've ever heard. If they can't get fired up they need to get fired.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

while you are correct, you apparently failed to watch many of the Titan defensive efforts over the last two seasons. Cause however many pep talks they had they needed some more - many. many more.
    Did the D look fired up against dolts, Bengals, raiders or Jags this year? What about the season opener at Pittsburgh? This team plays D without any emotion or intensity at all and if you fail to see that they you are definatly in the minority. The DC allows this ceberal approach to fester like an arsepimple.

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I have watched everyone of them. Trust me, I'm not satisfied with any of that crap, but you have to admit we aren't excactly loaded with great players. I like Fishers attitude towards winning and I think he's got a pretty good grasp on what it takes to get to the big game so, I trust his judgement with the D. If he gets rid of Schwartz than so be it, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Yes the Titans are not loaded with great players - and the Titans do not have to be loaded with great players to play physically on D. It is not an either or situation. Matter of fact I would say playing physical D could in fact mask some of the talent deficiencies

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

First and second year players aren't usaully that physical. It took Bulluck three years so what do you expect. You don't expect these guys to be as good as Bulluck in a third less time do you? Come on. Like I said, this is Fishers D not Schwartz's so you need be pissed at him.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Haynesworth, for all his warts and faults, was physical from day 1.

Adam Jones is a physical player. Williams was when he was a rookie, I have no idea what the heck he has been doing but it ain't working.

all that aside I understand your point - Blame HC Fisher not DC Schwartz. I disagree with you, but I do get your point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar