Jim Schwart'z future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ratt1118, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

More football, less chess.

2. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Sirmon was playing the TE he let him come free off the line, didnt even attempt to jam him.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

rogers went in for harris when he was hurt and out performed him, but rogers got hurt. now harris is starting again.

4. Fry

in sirmons defense, teams rarely jam the tight end at the line now a days.

5. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Well coached teams, do all the little things, PERIOD. They are fundamentally sound. You can take our defense and put in the hands of Belicheck and what do you think would happen? I bet you a million dollars you see less missed assignments, broken tackles, lack of effort, etc. You will not see those things. I promise you they will be in ready to play. They may get beat but they will atleast do the fundamentals. Any good coach should be able to teach a professional football player how to tackle......Maybe he should already know but aftering watching film maybe he doesn't. Now you can cry about how it isn't in your job description or go back to what good coaches like Marvin Lewis, Romeo Crennel and Belicheck do, FUNDAMENTALS.

6. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

More food for thought that I cooked up while reviewing the "Titans D not getting the job done" thread. If Sirmon played for Belicheck and the Patshe would probably be a pro bowler. If Vrabel/Bruschi played for the Titans we would all say we have no talent.

Newsflash, As long as the wonderkid is the DC we will never have talent. The players will always suck. Honestly, our D line is questionable, most people agree that the LBs and safeties need to upgraded and CB position has been the same for past few seasons. That is pretty much the entire defense. So basically, the entire defense needs to upgraded despite the fact that prior to this season most the draft was dedicated to the defense. The offensive coordinators can take udrafted rookies (Volek, Bennet) as well as late round picks (Mason) and make them produce. But the defense can't. What offensive player drafted since Schwartz was a bust? Even the ones who got cut were doing good. But all of our defensive players are yet to produce?

Maybe, just maybe, it is not the players and their talent level. If every line of defense is weak then what does that tell you?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Have you ever been to training camp? That's about as in-depth as the average fan can get to seeing what these guys are being taught. From my observations, you get a ton of fundamentals/technique being pounded at these guys almost non-step. I think it was especially true this year since there were so many rookies and second-year guys. Who knows how much of that goes on inside in film review.

You make it sound like fundamentals/technique is something every player should know when they enter the league. But too many get by in college with just on pure athletic ability and speed. They can get by with sloppy or limited technique. Now that they are in the NFL, these things are fundamental and they have to work on it as they learn a playbook and adjust to the speed in which they have to perform.

Where you can point the finger is towards how coaches deal with mistakes or if their ability to teach can be improved. I think many of the coaches you mention make it more of an emphasis and do not tolerate mistakes. As fans, we really can't know how the Titans coaching staff deal with these issues.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's why Rolle, R. Smith, Shulters, Dyson, Kearse and Carter are in the Pro Bowl this year?

9. Fry

it's amazing all of those players go to the pro bowl when they arent titans(not a knock on schwartz this time)

i just find it amazing that in their years with titans they ALL had a year better than this year, and yet all of them make it to the pro bowl(well, maybe it is a knock on schwartz)

10. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

Or maybe it was just sarcasm by Jeff. None of them made the Pro Bowl. And I (for one) don't believe they had better years this year than they did during their time here, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar