Jim Schwartz and The Lions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I want to clarify my earlier statement. As good as I think Suh/Fairley will be, I still don't think Lions will be a successful Superbowl franchise under Schwartz. He's probably in a better position at HC instead of DC, unless he decides to run the defense by himself.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The way I see it is how could the Lions not be going in the right direction (they sucked so bad for years)? They had the 1st pick i the draft and took a QB. Before that they drafted Calvin Johnson. Year before last they got Suh. When you suck and have guys sitting there in the draft that are no brainers you should improve. Of course Stafford has been injured so they really don't now if he is the answer but IMO having those kind of draft picks a team should be able to get to 6 wins. The tough part is making the next jump and becoming a playoff team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Have you ever heard of the Oakland Raiders? Take nothing for granted. There is no such thing as a 'no brainer' when you're committing millions of dollars to a young man who's 22 or 23 years old. They have made some fantastic picks and everyone is panning out. That deserves credit.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So does Schwartz get credit for the Lions drafting Calvin Johnson? :rolleyes:

How good are you guys rating Matthew Stafford?

This credit for a coach that's gone 2-14 and 6-10 is getting ridiculous.

No one seemed to answer the question I asked earlier... How much influence does Schwartz have in the Lions draft selection?

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Detroit plays in Nashville in the 2012 season...along with Cutler, Sanchez, and Brady

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Better work on your wrist exercises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar