Jim Schwartz and The Lions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

I'll say this about the Lions, Schwartz, and their front office

They're definitely moving in the right direction but the way they totally ignore the Oline is gonna kill them.....Stafford is like a china doll out there and if they don't improve that line they're gonna get him injured again and he'll never live up to his potential

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What's the debate about here? Feeling sorry for ourselves because we are trending down?

Schwartz becomes HC. The Lions W-L is trending in a positive direction. He gets the credit same as he'll get blamed if it trends down.

Good for him and good for the faithful Lions fans. They deserve some joy.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Yup. No debate really. We've officially entered the abyss of the NFL offseason between the draft and OTAs (assuming those ever happen). Just something to talk about.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Seeing Schwartz succeed away from Fisher gives me tons of hope for Munchak :). People now praise the Lions for drafting Fairley, but they also already have a guy named Sam Hill, he'll provide great depth so that Detroit's D-Line can stay fresh. The Lions were a very good 6-10 team last year, look for them to continue improving.

5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

How has Schwartz succeeded? Suh was a no brainer..if it was my call I would have drafted him too. He's gonna be a beast for years to come, but Fairley could turn out to be the watered down version of Haynesworth. But if they keep neglecting the offensive line they're gonna be in trouble especially having to play good defensive teams like Chicago and Green Bay year in and year out. They have a long way to go in my mind.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

the Lions were one of my favorites to watch back during the Barry Sanders era.Schwartz has that team looking better than they have in a long time.that defense is looking really sick.you can pretty much say the offense looking decent up there too.if they can fix that line where Stafford doesn't have to run for his life then they have a chance.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's succeeding because he's 1.) changed the culture, and 2.) has the Lions competing every week. Sure they only won 6 games, but if you watched them play, you'd realize they could just as easily be a 10-6 team. Their franchise QB was hurt quite often also, hard to win when your QB is holding a clipboard. You're right about them needing to address pass protection, but Detroit certainly is better because of Schwartz.

As far as Fairley becoming the "watered down version of Haynesworth", not a concern of mine. Nick Fairley is now in the NFL where the worst coaching is still at par or better than what he was exposed to at Auburn. He's also playing between two monsters in the weight room, Suh & Vanden Bosch. Fairley will get better just by being around those two guys.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think the Lions are a bunch of hype. I'll admit I'm wrong if they win a division Championship but I just don't see it happening. Jim Schwartz will screw that pooch. People like to go out on a limp, I know, and prognosticate. I remember ten years ago the sexy prediction was the Bucs to win it all... and they did, eventually... but I'm not seeing this... The sun goes around the moon before the Lions win the NFC.

9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Yeah, but those of us who wanted Schwartz gone obviously don't know much about football.....

....B..S....

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

My best friend up here in Chicago is a Lions fan. We usually go to bars showing both games or catch the Lions vs. Bears game when they come to town. The Lions are headed in the right direction. They should be right in the mix for the division this year. They might pass up the Bears and Vikes if they improve upon last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar