Jim Rome

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DannyPitts, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Unprofessional stupidity..

Not backing down means to ask tough questions. If jim everett had a rep for not being a tough player than ask tough questions to that effect don't call him names that is unprofessional. I seriously doubt if rome would be 2 feet across from ray lewis and call him a murderer over and over.

It's a shame that this infantile excuse for sports journalism helped make rome known nationwide.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

That was a long time ago. Even Rome himself admits that that interview was extremely unprofessional, and that he had a chance to do it again, he wouldn't go about it that way.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Big red..

What irritates me about the interview is that he knew everett was not the type of guy who would likely hurt him and as we can see everett does not punch him when rome is down.

Jim everett is hardly a poster boy for bad QBs. He made one pro bowl and played well enough in three other seasons to make it. He went a 5 year stretch without missing a single start.

4. DannyPitts

DannyPitts "Put a Sock in It" champ

5. DannyPitts

the jim rome then and the jim rome now are 2 different people. the older one being young and full of piss-and-vinegar and the newish one more professional. he's better than any other sports talk show host out there. thats why he has probably millions of listeners out there

6. DannyPitts

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

7. BigRed3

Is that supposed to be the manual buzzer?

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Jim Rome is terrible. His show consists of nothing but softball questions and trying to be overly hip, which he isnt. I disagree with whoever said he doesnt suck up to anyone. I think he sucks up to every guest he has. Collin Cowherd or JT the brick are much better at hosting radio shows.

9. BigRed3

Dear god don't get me started on Cowherd. Since when has attacking callers with a different opinion than yours make you a good radio host? But I do agree the JT the Brick has a good show, kind of ironic that Jim Rome basically made JT the Brick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar