Jim Rome should have interviewed Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanpride, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg53

wg53 Starter

I agree. Jim Rome is a tool and an *******. Why he even has a show is beyond me.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Pac and Deion are friends, they text message each other before every game and try to talk at least once a week. Remember Pac's tribute to Deion when he high stepped into the endzone like Deion used to do in his playing days?

Anyway, Pac's situation had gained national attention. Pac needed to get his story out nationally. The best place he felt to do that was through the NFL Network or ESPN. He and Deion are friends. Deion wasn't always so beloved during his playing days, either. Pac knew that Deion would not clown him on television. Why would you pick somoene who you know is gonna clown you on national television?

Pac hasn't given interviews to any local media since, "this team needs more thugs." He knew things wouldn't go good if he gave an interview to local media now.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Have you noticed that Kuharsky hasn't published any stories lately on Pac- it appears they have turned it over to Wyatt. Most of the media guys are like parasites- they see a vulnerable target in Pac with the huge public outcry and pile it on him to gain some notoriety for themselves. I haven't heard one national media person spend equitable time dissecting/discussing the "10 incidents". The whole argument about Pac has been the excessive/unacceptable nature of his "run-ins".

It is true he has had a few and deserves punishment for those (for his own good as well). I just wish some media guy would take a chance and expose the Pac story for what it really is- a little bit of transgression and whole lot of hype. The league is full of other guys (and we can all name them) who have as many and worse incidents that tarnish the shield.

Like it or not (and it's obvious I don't), Pac is serving as the whipping boy for the conduct reform policy. It should have happened 6-12 months ago with the Bengals issues- but the old commisioner was on the way out. I'm anxious to see the punishment Goodell hands down.

I agree with Puck that 4-6 games for first offense conduct detrimental (failure to disclose GA arrest) is equitable. Honestly, I don't think pleas or convictions for the GA or LVPD incidents should be considered because they occurred prior to the new policy but, it is not unreasonable to consider the "guilty" rulings as conduct detrimental and extend the punishment to a year if this happens.

EM53- you appear to know Pac on a personal level. I am somewhat bothered by media quotes regarding local citizens harassing Pac at stop-lights etc. What is his take of the Nashville community? Does he feel another city would embrace him more than Nashville has and if so, where would he ultimately like to be? I'm afraid the "jim-stick" mindset of the area he has encountered will drive him seek employment elsewhere when his contract is up.

4. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

yes that's VERY true with writers especially david climer

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Did anyone happen to see Climer's commentary in the paper this morning? The guy has no clue.

The Tennessean needs new writers on their sports staff b/c these guys don't cut it anymore. The only half decent writer is Wyatt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar