Jevon Kearse

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Curious.....I sort of understand the motivation of de-activating a healthy Kearse on Sunday night..........give Ford and Ball some playing time.

But has anyone read or even seen a comment from Jevon about the situation? I'm sure he's gotta be steamed. I would've expected him to talk to the press or made something of a statement by now.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

I don't buy it. Yes, the Titans played some DE's at DT to try and get more pass rush, but Kearse has put on more pressure than KVB has and we need our best pass rushing DE's to play. Ask yourself, who would have a bigger impact on stopping the Colts...Senderrick Marks or Jevon Kearse? If you already have TBrown, Haye, Vickerson at DT PLUS are gonna use KVB, Hayes (the DE) and Ball, you have MORE than enough rotation at DT and could use our best pass rushing DE's. While Kearse is not a great pass rusher anymore, he's been better than KVB and against a team that likes to run stretch run plays and take deep drops, Kearse would be a good guy to have available...especially over a Marks.

In an all hands on deck game...deactivating Kearse was a terrible move and why I think there is something ELSE to this story.

Teams play their best players unless they have a great reason not to or there is a problem. I think there is a problem. What? I have no idea. But also, the fact of Fisher deactivating him and him not being on the sidelines and NOT getting fined seem to also indicate there was a problem that Fisher is keeping between he and Jevon. Perhaps the Titans decided to start Hayes and Kearse freaked out and didn't want to play. Who knows...

Gut

3. tdo_52

tdo_52 Camp Fodder

Why did he miss the game for anyways?

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

radio reported that JK left the stadium when inactives were announced. JF seemed to be OK with this for some reason.

nonsensical situation

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Jevon wasn't on the sidelines, he better be fined. If Fisher does nothing about this, then he's sending the wrong message.

Kearse is done, IMO. I'd rather see the young blood in there getting the experience for next season and beyond.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would really like to know why Kearse wasn't in. Deactivating him to play others was stupid, and didn't do anything.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This is a clear sign of a team unravelling. (As if everyone in Tennessee didn't know this already)

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

According to Fisher, they decided to keep Dave Ball up instead of Kearse because they had decided to use some DE's at the DT spot and Ball has done that and Kearse hasn't. The Titans did in fact use KVB and Hayes at DT here and there. JF apparently understood telling Kearse 9 minutes before kickoff that not only wasn't he gonna start but wasn't even gonna be active - would be upsetting.

Gut

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

hes a bum anyway, it really didn't matter anyway. JK is a BJ (Big Joke)..Get your minds outta the gutter.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is my response to your post.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar