Jets selection GM Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Mar 14, 2011.

?
  1. Aaron Williams, DB, Texas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Phil Taylor, DL, Baylor

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwhit33

bwhit33 Camp Fodder

Why is there only one Dline option? Houston, Reed, Acho, Heyward should all be options... they will go Pass Rush or NT here

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

cause only one of the 4 you named is most likely going to go in the first round

3. bwhit33

bwhit33 Camp Fodder

and you put 2 corners as options to a team with absolutely no need at the corner position?

Its not about where you think players will be drafted... its about which players you think the team at that given pick will consider based on needs

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Cromartie is a free agent and probably wants a pile of money. Wilson didn't live up to expectations so they COULD have q big need at cb.

I disagree. You're suggesting teams only draft on need and not take into account where a players draft value us???

Gut

5. bwhit33

bwhit33 Camp Fodder

Cromartie is a FA... but he'd be wise to stick around for another season or two to see the Jets trying to buy a championship. Giving up on wilson at this point would be dumb... he has plenty of potential... just makes poor decisions off the field.

Value trumps need in very few places come draft day. One of which is in the top 5-10 picks... the other is in the case of a player in free fall. The fact that this poll listed zero 5 tech 3-4 DE and zero 3-4 OLB leads me to believe that the OP has little regard for the jets needs...regardless of bpa

having a consolidated updated draft on the op would be helpful as well. i dont know who was picked before, but im sure there are at least 3 prospects still on the board that would be higher on the jets board than an OT...

6. 24

24 Starter

While I agree with you to a certain extent, the pick would've been Phil Taylor regardless. Let's move on.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

He might be wiser to stay with the Jets to try and win a championship, but he might also want his big pay day so he can support his 85 kids. Point is, unless Cromartie is coming back, you have to figure at the moment they have a GREAT need at CB.

He's not NOT playing because of off the field stuff, he's not playing well enough on the field to even earn a nickel or dime role so projecting him as next year's #2 cb opposite Revis is silly. They have to hope that next season he will EARN more playing time, but they very well need a new starting CB.

That is certainly your opinion. Since I live in NY and have several zealot Jets fans as friends, I'm well aware of their needs. And it is fine if your opinion is that the Jets needs start with 5 tech DE and 3-4 OLB's, but you have to admit that NT, CB, and OT are big needs as well. So dissing the OP for not agreeing with what YOU think are their biggest needs is a bit silly.

How are you sure of this? Do you work for the Jets? Who are these 3 prospects? The Jets spent a lot of money putting together a really good OL. Now that it's getting old and expensive, why wouldn't they invest in a good young OT to help protect their franchise QB for the next 10 years?

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar