Jets selection GM Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Mar 14, 2011.

?
  1. Aaron Williams, DB, Texas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Phil Taylor, DL, Baylor

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

with the 30th pick in the NFL Draft the Jets select...

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Don't like any of the options, honestly. They could use a safety... not sure if Williams could switch or not.

I vote Carimi. I've literally never heard of Phil Taylor, though the Jets do need D-line help.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

It's a tough choice between Carimi and Taylor, but they need to replace Jenkins up the middle and that really hurt them against Pitt.

It's hard to find a 330-340lb guy who can move well! They can get a quality OL later and I'm not sold on Baldwin. More importantly, they could just keep Edwards.

Smith is an intriguing prospect and you'd hope could get him going, but he couldn't do it for Gholston...so no Smith.

Gut

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

He played at Baylor after transferring from Penn State. I think he got in trouble at PSU. He's a huge guy, more like a 3-4 nose tackle. Very disruptive and had a great Senior Bowl.

I voted for Baldwin though. The Jets could lose Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes and if both leave they'd be quite depleted at WR. Baldwin is young but can jump through the roof.

5. 24

24 Starter

Phil Taylor, best 0-technique in the draft. They need one, especially since they released Jenkins.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jenkins was always hurt. They don't need to replace him, he did a whole lot of nothing in New York.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Phil isnt need, Jets have Pouha.. he was great last year.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Oh and I vote for Baldwin!

9. 24

24 Starter

Completely disagree. Pouha played well in run support 2 years ago, when Jenkins got hurt. Last year, he still did decent in run support, but the whole defense suffered in pass defense. He provides very little pass rush ability, and he's 32. People are quick to point out the OLBs in the pass rush, but if you watch the games, he wasn't double teamed most of the time, allowing the open guard to block other players. I was forced to watch lots of Jets games last year, and this was very apparent. Ask any knowledgeable Jets fan.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'll go ahead and declare Taylor the winner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar