Jets on Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Did anybody else come away from watching the program thinking poorly of Rex Ryan and staff? I used to like the guy- his F.U. and no B.S. attitude but after watching the show, I think he is just an insecure jerk.

I usually don't have any problem with cussing as a release but Ryan and his staff were out of control with it. He dropped the F bomb at least twice in every sentence- even when he laughing/smiling etc. He seemed ridiculous- like a teenager away at camp for the first time.

Watching him spew those F bombs around those new phony giant white choppers made him look like the other end horse from which they came.

I have come to respect Tony Dungy more each year. He pointed out to the nation on a MNF pre-season game that the league should step in and reprimand Ryan for it. When I heard Dungy say that I initially thought "how nice- Tony just doesn't get it...." but after watching the show- Dungy was spot on. It reflects poorly on the league.

Anyway, just sharing that thought. I used to like the Jets- now I want to seem them get hammered to the turf. And it wouldn't surprise me to see Ryan start braying in disgust and mowing the sideline turf with those donkey choppers.

Attached Files:

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The Ryan gene pool is an embarrasment to humanity.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I can't stand the Jets either. I dig Rex's style but you're right it does reflect poorly on the league. I actually thought that it seemed like they really hammed it up for the cameras.

Did you happen to catch the part where that one assistant got stumped on that simple measuring question? Man that was hilarious. They asked him how many feet were 2 yards or something and this guy honestly couldn't figure it out. He's like I don't know math or something like that. All the other coaches were like what an idiot.

4. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

And Antonio Cromartie struggling to think up his kids names and ages for fifteen minutes...

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Ever since he had his boys (Ravens D) twist CJ's foot until something popped at the bottom of the pile, and cost the Titans a possible super bowl ring, I haven't cared for Rex Ryan much. Him and his Jets can go sit on a fence post a far as I'm concerned.

6. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Over hyped and Overrated. The way he and his staff acted on the show was no surprise.

7. amy

amy Starter

Rex's momma needs to put him in time out for a spell. :) Seriously, someone he respects needs to convince him that, even though he does have the freedom to curse, he really doesn't need cursing to get his point across.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It was a good series. HBO can't be upset with the results. I think they wish Revis was there sooner. Not having Revis on the show hurt its quality. Good T.V. for sure, but other than seeing Vlad Ducasse their RG (a player I know), it wasn't that special of a show to me. The swearing helped I'd say. HBO has the choice to use profanity, and they use it to their advantage. The show had no effect of what I thought they'd be in 2010. After seeing the show, now everyone would agree on 9 or less wins.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

All of the Hard Knocks seasons have been great (even The Ravens) but this one was a bit peculiar because of Ryan. The guy has a serious NFL coaching pedigree but it seems like he's more of an observer/class clown than a coach - at least in what they aired.. Of all the seasons I was most impressed by Marvin Lewis and least by Herm Edwards who seemed to be totally out of his depths as an NFL head coach..

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Herm was an alright coach, who I think needed "his type of guys". They kept saying "play like a Jet" in this years show, and I'm thinking thats the last thing they should want to play like. I know Rex thinks his team is worth something because it's his team. But it's not. This team is nothing worth getting out of bed for. Maybe with Holmes they're something decent, but he's out 4 weeks, and Sanchez aint worth a damn alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar