Jets just cut McCareins..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd consider signing McCariens if he's cheap (maybe a 1-year deal like Gage got), but realistically we have a lot of WR depth. What we need is a #1.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree with sec. Jmac can replace gage for less money because gage had the better year. Gage is wanting like $4M while we could get jmac here for maybe $2.5M a year..

It's not just about signing bigger name players we need to fill gaps and potential gaps for next year. Gage is likely gone and roydell and jones could be gone after this season.

The jets also released andre dyson so let's get him cheap too..

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Troy Williamson's hands are like two #10 skillets. Legs without hands aint worth a damn.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The point is, he is an experienced WR who knows Dinger's offense and could help a maturing Vince Young. In a rose-colored world, we could get Randy Moss and Roy Williams, but until it happens, we need to upgrade the skill positions. He could easily at least supplant Moulds production, but the point is he is an upgrade over our roster, especially with a new offensive system and new coaches.

5. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

We already traded out 6th for Bryce fisher... And Lloyd has a bad attitude, along with never being productive. He played 8 games last year, had 2 catches for 14 yds. He's their resident Ben Troupe. Yeah Williamson is fast too, but I expect us to sign 1-2 FA WRs, along with someone somewhere in the draft, and hopefully one will have that speed we need, while being able to catch.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

A one legged old man could supplant Mould's production. Besides, we have guys as good on the team right now and unless they actually thought JMac could play as well as Gage for less money there isn't any reason to bring him in.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Welcome back to the board. At least to posting on it.

you make a very valid point IMO.
    actually... that's my main argument I guess.

In 2004 under Paul Hackett he had 56 rec. for 770yds.
    In 2005 under Heimerdinger he had 43 rec. for 713yds.

Hey, those are Eddie Kennison like numbers...
    Hell, we should pick him up too. (not really, a bit too old)

We need some EXPERIENCED receivers.
    We should be loading up on NFL factory seconds.
    We already have an young qb.
    It would be nice to have a guy out there who's been around the block.

That's what I liked alright about Moulds.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Bottom line is that if JMac were the only vet WR we brought in this offseason, none of us would be dancing around. The sad fact is that he would most likely improve our current lineup, so in that sense he's worth keeping on the back burner. As it is now, we're also not looking at a deep pool of WRs in either the draft or FA - so we may need to take what we can get. I see JMac as an expensive insurance policy - it's more than you want to pay for something you hope you don't need, but you might be stuck buying it anyway.

9. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

The Jets also cut Andre Dyson; Should we bring him in as well?

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I remember clear as day him picking Vince Young on opening day,

It was like: enter Vince, throw pick, exit game. :ha:

Dyson fielded that ball like a pop fly. I can still see it in my minds eye. :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar