Jets followed trend for week after Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky We should have seen the Jets loss to Denver coming.

While everyone was jumping on the idea of a Subway Super Bowl, we should have considered how teams followed up their games against the Titans.

Props to Bill Barton of Hendersonville, Tenn. who dropped this in my mailbag earlier today.

Paul, Your pal Frank [Wycheck] the tight end, was commenting this morning on air [The Wake Up Zone on 104.5 FM in Nashville] about how the Jets laid an egg... Made me think and I did a little work. The week AFTER playing the Titans, teams are 2-11. The wins were Vikings over Saints and Colts over New England... I'll go out on a limb and suggest the Lions will lose next week. Just a thought but after getting punched in the face, teams may struggle to get their swagger back. Bill

I double checked Bill, who did good work. Here is the list of how teams have fared the game following the one against the Titans:

Jacksonville: Lost 20-17 vs. Buffalo
    Cincinnati: Lost 26-23 in OT at New York Giants
    Houston: Lost 30-27 in OT at Jacksonville
    Minnesota: Won 3-27 at New Orleans
    Baltimore: Lost 31-3 at Indianapolis
    Kansas City: Lost 28-24 at New York Jets
    Indianapolis: Won 18-15 vs. New England
    Green Bay: Lost 28-27 at Minnesota
    Chicago: Lost 37-3 at Green Bay
    Jacksonville: Lost 30-12 vs. Minnesota
    NY Jets: Lost 34-17 vs. Denver
    Detroit: ??? vs. Minnesota Sunday

That's 2-9 with an average score of 35.9-27.8 in favor of the team that didn't play Tennessee a game earlier.

More...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

GoT has had this stat going all season.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well I wasn't noting the point differential. I did mention that it was ugly, but not gonna bother to keep track.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Indy on the 28th.

Their next game? Playoffs :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar