Jets @ Chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Glad the Jets won, because San Diego is boring, and we already have enough noteless teams left. Was hoping for an Indy-Dallas bowl.

I think now the best I can hope for is:
    1. Indy - Minnesota - Two great qb's going head to head. AP. Decent amount of drama around the qb's.
    2. NY - Minnesota - Jets vs. their old qb. Mildy interesting.
    3. Indy - Saint - At least two powerful offenses. Peyton vs. Archie? Could be a great game, but the Saints are kinda lame for me. I know they are good, but as far as underdogs go, they aren't fun.
    4. NY - Saints - Blah. I'd have to root for the Jets to keep the Saints down and out. They are more fun as lovable losers.Have a hard time rooting for Brees ( uncool ) Bush ( cheater ) and bunch of nobodies. No rootability.

2. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

:ha: exactly, a little bit of payback :)

And Revis continues to impress me week after week...

3. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I think jesse is right, we need to start blitzing. Haynesworth isn't our only answer, but what we have been doing clearly hasn't worked well. I advocated the 3-4 earlier for the simple reason that usually the 4th (or more) rusher is disguised and can come from anywhere. Blocking against our predictable D must be easy, especially compared to blocking a D like the Jets or Ravens.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ask the jags how that worked out for them this year.

5. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Omfg I will LOL so hard if the Jets beat the Colts.

Pure poetic justice.

In fact if the Colts lose I will be ok with anyone left that wins it all. They are my last 'I hate ye!' team left.

Ohhhhh man I will LOL SO HARD IF THE JETS WIN. GOOD LORD LMFAO.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we could switch to a 3-4 defense, wont work great the first year, but get the right guys we could be as good as the jets in 2-3 seasons.

right now i dont see us improving within the next 5 years playing 4-3 and only rushing 4 guys who has very little impact on a oline.

Get ready to be schooled again next season by good passing teams. our schedule is a monster and we are dead meat on defense.

7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I'm not saying I want the switch, but I'd just like some more pressure. Whether that means the 3-4 or just blitzing more often, I don't care. I'd just rather not let Peyton have all the time he wants to pick us apart twice a year, not to mention Schaub and Andre going off every time we play them.

To stay on topic, glad to see the Jets pull this one out. I hope whoever wins the Indy/Jets game goes on to win the big one. As much as I hate to say it, I think the 2 best AFC teams are in the AFC Championship (I know, very obvious haha, but it doesn't always work out that way).

8. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I don't particularly like the J E T S...but I will go for anyone to beat the Colts and shut their ahole fans up.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

That's the Jags. Defense wasn't working for them, period. They lost their best 4-3 DE early in the season, and tried to transition to the 3-4 in the middle of the season.

Denver was certainly able to get more pressure with the 3-4 this season. Not saying this alone qualifies us as a great candidate for the 3-4, but it's asinine to assume it couldn't be done successfully.

10. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i dont care if we lose to the chargers next yr. as long as we go to the playoffs and make a impact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar