Jerseys - Replica or Authentic

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by xTitanNicx, Aug 19, 2009.

?

Which jerseys do you prefer?

1. Replica

31.3%
  2. Authentic

68.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTitanNicx

xTitanNicx Camp Fodder

Just curious...what is your preference & why.

To me, it makes no difference. I can see the appeal behind the authentics but the replicas are MORE in my price range. The last replica I got was around $100 for Christmas. I honestly don't know that I'd want to spend $300 for a shirt.
  2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Authentic have the highest quality. Replica suck there basically t-shirts with holes and numbers on them. Basically Authentic=Game Worn and Replic=Practice jersey w/poor quality.
  3. xTitanNicx

xTitanNicx Camp Fodder

I see your point but $300 for a shirt? Would you wear it to a game? What if some idiot spills something all over it, I mean some clown trashes your investment?
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

These aren't polo's, they are jerseys. They can take a lot of abuse such as grass stains and ketchup. Go check what ebay sells in terms or "authentic", I'm sure $50 for an "authentic" jersey is a cool price. Those Chinese people can knock off anything and you'd never know the difference. Go to a Chinese restaurant they'll make you a VCR in an hour. On Canal St in Manhattan they have millions of dollars worth of knock offs for nearly nothing. NFL jerseys are one of them. I have the real deal Mike Vick jersey from his days in ATL. Then I got pissed for wasting 250 bucks so I got me a knockoff for nothing. The tinniest details are to close to tell the difference.
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

this is the best place to buy an authentic. I have ordered from here. The price, quality and service are unmatched. say what you want about authentics that are not ordered from nfl.shop but at these prices, who cares? These are quality jerseys.

http://www.eclothingbay.com/?itemid=1870

even at $18 to ship you get the product for under $50. That's half the price of a replica at the mall.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Authentic buyers Tip: notice if the NFL shield under the V-neck has 8 stars representing the 8 divisions. Older authentics had 20 something stars representing the teams they use to have waaay back before the Titans even existed. So if your getting a new C.J. joint you want to have the new look with 8 stars.
  7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

You can tell if its a real authenic by the numbers. The numbers on a real one have a matte finish, kinda hard, doesn't really winkle. On a fake knock off the numbers are soft and have a bit of a shine to them.They can winkle and get wavy looking. Also the quality of the nfl shield on a knock off can be poor. But the price is a BIG difference. For $50 I still think the knock off is a good deal. Some fakes are made better than others. I ordered two Chris Johnson jerseys from two different sellers for $50 each and one was almost flawless, looked really good. I sent the other back and got a refund. The Titans name sewn on right below the collar was up a little high and the other had the 10 year anniversary patch sewn on. Both from ebay

i really like the premier jerseys. Has sewn on numbers and name letters. the Titans sword logo and the reebok logo on the sleeves is the only thing screen printed. They are about $100 but only players I know of that have them are Vince,Finnegan,and Johnson
  8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Whenver i buy a jersey, its for tailgating, and events. When the season is over i hang it on my wall. Although the price is alot, it's actually worth it. But maybe thats just me, i would never wear a replica to a game.
  9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I wear it during football season but in the offseason its hanging in the closet.

So for you guys that have authenics, how do you wash them? I actually dont wash mine very much since its not worn much and its worn over top of another shirt. And even when I do wear it, its not even the entire day. Last year I did have it dry cleaned.
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

I voted authentic, but I get the knock-offs for under 40 bucks.

Much better deal due to how players come and go in this league. Will never buy another replica or authentic from the NFL. My Roy Williams Lions jersey's stripes and numbers were peeling off after a few washes...ridiculous when you pay 70 dollars.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.