Jerry Grey And The Defense;

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrandMajesty1, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMajesty1

GrandMajesty1 Special Teams Standout

I just watched the press conference from months ago, when Munchak "first" introduced the "new" defensive coaches (including most importantly Gregg Williams). I think it's safe to say that the last two defensive coordinators for the Tennessee Titans, (Chuck Cecil and Jerry Grey) have done a terrible, terrible job with Grey still on board for the 2013 Season.

Jeff Fisher has always been a defensive minded coach, and translated very well coming into the franchise back in 1994, with the defense being the "one bright spot" during the worst year in franchise history (finishing 2-14). His one mistake, after Jim Schwartz took the Lions job, was giving Cecil the defensive reigns, especially with the talent Cecil inherited. Munchak is a loyalist, both as a football coach and friend. But one thing is very certain, especially after listening to that press conference months ago...everything he stated regarding the franchise and moving forward, isn't what will be translated on the football field come this fall.

Jerry Grey should've been fired immediately, and "if" you are going to bring in Gregg Williams, allow Williams to take over the position he flourished at when he was the coordinator under Fisher many years ago. The defense last year gave up a record amount of points, and looked twice as bad as the offensive line, especially against teams in games that we could've clearly and should've won, like the Colts (twice). This is why I am not sold on Munchak as a "head coach." Now, with Williams trying to mesh and work under Grey, (whether as a consultant or co-coordinator, or what-ever), will never work...especially in Pro Football....

2. GrandMajesty1

Firing Frank Bush, a very respected linebacker and coordinator coach, with ties to this franchise since drafting him in 1985 for a high school coach with enthusiasm, is just plain stupid and another "rookie like" mistake Munchak will regret. Even more so with an up and coming linebacker cast that boast three potential Pro Bowl gems.....

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Sometimes I think you're a virus..

Something is just very odd about you and your posts..

• High Five High Five x 7
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I was just thinking that. lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

You have to take into account that our defensive roster is incredibly young and devoid of talent. We have a bunch of young guys who are talented, but need time to grow.

We're in the third year of Jerry Grey's defense (a defense that played very well in 2011). Our players and coaches are becoming more comfortable with the schemes, meaning we can be more aggressive and effective. The last thing we need to do now is change everything and start all over, because we will have a period of regression after the initial spark wears off. (That was 2012)

I agree that if Grey fails to produce this season, then we will be looking at Gregg taking over.. but for now, we're sticking with Grey. I have confidence that we will be much better defensively this season.

6. GrandMajesty1

I'm sorry Titanup1982, maybe I just don't get "it"....enlighten me about what is in "the real" about Tennessee Titan football...??? Really, please, I'm curious....

7. GrandMajesty1

Well said RockyTop Fox, at least an intelligent response....I can agree to live with that regarding my own personal feelings toward Grey and the defense.

8. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Don't be such a stiff. He was just kidding. You're going to need thick skin to hang around this place and is it not more fun to have a witty remark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Yea, Lebron James just messin wit cha.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I've always been curious RTF...is that you in the photo when we went to Green Bay and got our azzes handed to us on a silver platter with a side of hush puppies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar