Jerry Gray wants his defense to toughen up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

If this continues, I will just start watching hockey. This is getting unreal.

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Great. Now if a Titan blows somebody up over the middle and they get hurt, Gray and the player or players who hit him will be in trouble.

3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Don't talk a out being tough.......just do it. Hell, I want the Jerry Glanville Oilers D. He wore the black cowboy hat, and his D was dirty and mean as hell. Be honest with you, i would love for our team to have the toughness of our early TITAN TEAMS! None of our Dlineman have Fat Al nastiness, no LB has Keith Bullock's moly, and Love him or hate him Finny's mean streak was worn on his shoulder. This new TItan D likes to go to twitter after games to pat themselves on the back (whiff griff boasting of his 16 tackles week 2) after a loss.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Could mean a new DC...silver lining?

5. Stan

Stan Infinite

I follow him on Twitter and never saw that. Obviously we don't see the coach film but I feel like its just too obvious his coverage is subpar. I was a huge supporter of this pick and his rookie year was astounding, in my opinion.

That year set the bar high and Big Al obviously made things easier for and earned him a couple pro bowl years. But there was one game his rookie year I believe, can't remember exactly who it was.. I want to say the Colts but he injured himself by hitting too hard (as some coaches had previously voiced concern of throughout the season) and he hasn't really been the same since.
    Maybe family life and his true love for pit bulls are his ultimate satisfaction, one many cannot fault him for, everyone is created differently. To conclude, talent wise he has the ability and I think should be a top 3 S in the league. Production wise though he obviously is not in that category.

As this season has gone on, I have come to realize I am an extreme victim of homerism. I don't think I tout any players too much (besides Verner because he is better than McCourty) but maybe we are all a victim of potential. If we think about it Britt who can grab a ball like Calvin Johnson basically (healthy) and CJ are the only true dependable offensive weapons that we have (well if the line "does their job.") Cook is emerging for sure but is he going to be injury prone or no? Obviously jumping the gun on injury but just trying to look at it from all angles. The state of our team has me somewhat depressed. On paper our offense looks stupid explosive, makes me think what the Eagles should be; with a tougher more accurate/not quite as agile Qb, and a much more dangerous TE.

For some reason we can't put the pieces of the puzzle together. Part of me wants to say the defense is our weakness. But just last week until that pick six it was a one possession game. And our D had stalled multiple drives. A better Dline rush and solidifying the secondary would make us much better. So I don't think that we are all there yet, the future looks bright. Our past couple draft classes have contributed solid production. Many may disagree but I believe we have taken solid steps forward in the past couple years. While the changes may not yield immediate satisfaction, there is definitely a solid core of players being developed in Nashville.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Softest d in the league coach is talking **** about being tough...has he watched game tape. What a joke.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Gray sucks. The coach who cried defense!

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Check the message boards after the San Diego game. I don't follow his twitter, but I follow this board. He definitely twitted his accomplishment (if you wanna call it that).

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

like that would happen

you kill me with the :sarcasm:

lol

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some guy said he couldn't tackle, Griffin posted the stat sheet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar