Jerry Gray - New DC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sounds good to me

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd totally disagree. I think we need at least two new starters on each level of the defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with bigtitan.

Many want to say our D is so talented but I saw a lot of quitting last year. We may have 6 or 7 starters on the roster now, but how many of those are playmakers / difference makers?

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I must say I'm pretty happy about the hire. Gray was a hell of a player and, from what I've read, a pretty damn good coach. He has Oiler ties which I like and his friendship with Munch is another plus. I like the fact that he can coach the 3-4 so if that is the direction they chose to go we should be all set. Welcome aboard coach Gray!

5. amy

amy Starter

Quitting could have a lot to do with the dysfunction of the entire team. With the right coaches and right attitude, things could change in a hurry. I think the team dysfunction was much greater than we realize.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Then the quitters should be replaced on principle alone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

So they quit because everyone else was? Meaning we have no leaders? lol

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

We have a lot of solid talent....and no game changers (with the exception of Griffin when he's focused). We should look into packaging a few of our many "assets" for a star player via trade.

9. 24

24 Starter

I've been reading through different forums, looks like Gray has several tendencies. He likes to play the CBs off the WRs (10 yards back), he likes to blitz (emphasized multiple times), and his players really respond to him. There were mixed reviews on his personnel fit and halftime adjustments. He seemed better under Gregg Williams than under Mike Mularkey. Lots of Bills fans do, however, attribute his schematic success to Gregg Williams and Dick LeBeau.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm trying to think what combination of our players would get us one great one... I don't think we have enough on the entire defense to get a Patrick Willis. Not if we traded all 11 of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar