Jeremy Shockey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigD73OT, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I do blame Fisher for Stevens and Cook's lack of balls thrown their way. I was a Cook hater, but towards the end of the season, he looked a lot better than Scaife at receiving. And I am a Stevens fan.

I'm not really convinced that Shockey at this stage is an upgrade from this combo. If anything, we need a good blocker as our 3rd TE, which Shockey was never known for.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I can't argue against that at all. Bo Scaife was NEVER great and should have been let go after his rookie deal was up. And to Franchise him had to be the dumbest use of the tag EVER. Fisher not letting them play over Bo did have a little to do with it but they still should have beat Bo out.

This is also true. We should have had him on the field from the first snap of his rookie year. That's where I really resented Fisher because he is of the old school thinking where rookies have to earn playing time. Well Cook is a special talent and should have been playing from the get-go.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Part of player development is getting them real time action. Nothing can duplicate real game situations. I think both Cook and Stevens will be good TE's for us in the coming years. I'll be excited to see them on the field together.

People knock Stevens for his lack of route running ability but he doesn't need to run far to be effective. On short curls, ins and outs, and screens he is effective at drawing attention. When he catches the ball he's a load to bring down.

In a 2 WR, 2 TE set Stevens won't draw much focus from backers and is a perfect safety option for our QB. Watching Stevens catch 2-3 passes a game and barrel over 3-4 defenders a game is enough for me.

Our offense has the opportunity to be very exciting...if we had a QB.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The Fisher conspiracy was how Cook got the start right after Scaife spoke up on the VY situation.

Carry on...

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Shockey could be useful to us while not taking away from the two we already have. He brings a certain energy to the table. How he plays is almost certain to get him hurt at some point, but if he could pass that energy along to Cook and Stevens, he'd have done enough for me.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with ya. I think Scaife deserved a new contract, but not for as much. When Cook had that monster rookie camp he should've gotten some PT as a result.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

No doubt, we kept hearing how Cook was blowing people away with his athleticism and when the season kicked off they didn't even let him on the field.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Yea I was pretty damm excited. All you kept hearing about was Cook and CJ. I think him not seeing the field after putting that much energy into camp hurt his confidence.

I'm glad he got some time this year to prove his worth. I think once he's back to full steam he'll turn a lot of heads in Nashville.

Luckily there's some fans who can watch the games and form their opinions independent from the media.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Do you mean "would" be enough for you? Because what you describe above has never happened in Stevens three year career.

10. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

I can't wait to see cook this coming season. I think he will be a very dangerous weapon for us. I just do not understand why he has not seen the field more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar