Jeremy Shockey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigD73OT, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wow, I honestly did not realize 11 catches meant someone "can catch" and 360 yards receiving made a TE "elite".

Here's what I think, we have 2 TEs that have shown glimpses but have come nowhere near living up to the draft selection at this point. These 2 TEs are extremely overhyped by local fans. This is year 4 for Stevens, year 3 for Cook, so it's now or never. I'd like to see that these two were worth the picks we used on them.

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

when have the had the chance when we never ran them out for routes that often as bo was in the game in the one tight end sets and he ran most of the routes out of the two tight end sets but usually our 2 tight end sets meant we were running....

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

imo they should have unquestionably beaten Scaife out of the job. They didn't.

Maybe it's a Fisher conspiracy. I think they are just average TEs. Stevens an above average blocker, below average receiver. Cook good receiver, pitiful blocker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'd always heard that Stevens was a below average receiver, but he tends to do a nice job when the stars align and the ball comes his way. I think he has really improved with his time here. I think he is a legit starter. Keep Cook's blocking duties light and find ways to get him the ball and find a Craig Stevens v2 for depth and short yardage/goal line sets.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Exactly. He is notorious for sitting more talented players behind guys he can depend on. Like Hope he knows hes going to miss tackles and give a few plays in coverage but he can live with that because who knows what someone like Johnson or Rolle would do they might make a play once in a while but also a rookie mistake like missing an assignment. Hope doesn't miss assignments he just doesn't execute them like Scaife.

6. TNTitanFan

TNTitanFan Camp Fodder

It could be

It may be that this new DC, Gray, and OC, Palmer may change some of that. It was my impression of Munch that there was going to be some changes in the way they played/managed/operated. I certainly hope so, I got really tired of knowing what plays the offense was going to run and not seeing the defense adjust.
    I'd much rather see a rookie miss a coverage once in a while than see someone not be able to tackle.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Titans are talking contract with Shockey's agent, according to Jim Wyatt. Clearly, no one has much faith in Cook. The talk that Fisher was holding him down can probably end now.

Correction: Wyatt denied the report. It was Terry McCormick who made the initial report.

8. Alex1939

Phew.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Who have you heard doesn't have faith in Cook? The new OC has a ton of faith in Cook and wants to get him more involved.

Cook has been misused since he's been here.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

Follow the light my friend. Let's enlighten you on these two TE's of ours.

Both have good hands. I don't know why people assume because you're a blocking TE that you can't catch. Stevens is a TE solely because of his hands, otherwise he's be a Guard. Cook on the other hand, we know blocks like a kicker, he simply needs to man up, and take the pain that's associated with being a TE. Otherwise push him out 10 yards and let him molest corners for a living. Both if used to their strengths can be lethal. Fisher was inept, that's all that's wrong here. We have two good TE's, and only need one more in case of injury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar