Jeremy Lin Just Wins!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GeronimoJackson, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Unlike Tebow, Lin's been putting up fantastic numbers while winning. But like Tebow, he's a hometown hero, exciting to watch, and the team plays with emotion with him in the game.

Except Lin was a nobody coming out of college, went undrafted, bounced from team to team, bench to d-league.

Ironically he got no recognition while playing well in high school/college because he was Asian, and then became a crowd favorite in the NBA before logging a single minute because he's Asian. Asian American that is.

Being an Asian American myself, I watched his d-league highlights (where he dominated), and knew this kid has skills and can contribute in the NBA if given the chance. But I also kept it real, I'm not one of those people that thought Yao Ming was the greatest center ever, and didn't see Lin as a future top 5 PG. What I saw was a solid back up, Goran Dragic.

But he's exceeded even my expectations. After watching him in the last 3 games where he's put up:

25, 7, on 10/19
    28, 8, on 10/17
    23, 10, on 9/14

I think he can become a borderline star. His game reminds me of Tony Parker a lot, minus his signature teardrop.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well do you think it was the Asian American thing or the Ivey League background that was a roadblock?

regardless the guy can play.

FWIW I never heard of him till this thread.

3. GeronimoJackson

Both, he was probably looked at as another smart Asian kid who watched too much NBA because of Yao Ming.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's the only Asian that can drive without hitting a pole.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. GeronimoJackson

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LOL, no it's not.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

8. GeronimoJackson

Lol ESPN is turning him into the Tebow of basketball, and they might just ruin his career.

I think he can be a good starter, a 15/7 guy, but wouldn't be surprised if it's a fluke and he was just that Asian kid that you underestimated at the rec.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

well.. unlike tebow, he hates it...
    he's already complaining about the media getting into him and his family's personal lives

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He's having no problem running around Derek Fisher and Steve Blake....but who can't do that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar