Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Jeremy Lin Just Wins!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GeronimoJackson, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,088
    Unlike Tebow, Lin's been putting up fantastic numbers while winning. But like Tebow, he's a hometown hero, exciting to watch, and the team plays with emotion with him in the game.

Except Lin was a nobody coming out of college, went undrafted, bounced from team to team, bench to d-league.

Ironically he got no recognition while playing well in high school/college because he was Asian, and then became a crowd favorite in the NBA before logging a single minute because he's Asian. Asian American that is.

Being an Asian American myself, I watched his d-league highlights (where he dominated), and knew this kid has skills and can contribute in the NBA if given the chance. But I also kept it real, I'm not one of those people that thought Yao Ming was the greatest center ever, and didn't see Lin as a future top 5 PG. What I saw was a solid back up, Goran Dragic.

But he's exceeded even my expectations. After watching him in the last 3 games where he's put up:

25, 7, on 10/19
    28, 8, on 10/17
    23, 10, on 9/14

I think he can become a borderline star. His game reminds me of Tony Parker a lot, minus his signature teardrop.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $82
    well do you think it was the Asian American thing or the Ivey League background that was a roadblock?

regardless the guy can play.

FWIW I never heard of him till this thread.
  2. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,088
    Both, he was probably looked at as another smart Asian kid who watched too much NBA because of Yao Ming.
  3. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $210,073
    He's the only Asian that can drive without hitting a pole.
    3 people high five this.
  4. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,088

[IMG]
    2 people high five this.
  5. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $210,073
    LOL, no it's not.
  6. Titanic_Sub Starter

Moolah:
    $1,128
  7. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,088
    Lol ESPN is turning him into the Tebow of basketball, and they might just ruin his career.

I think he can be a good starter, a 15/7 guy, but wouldn't be surprised if it's a fluke and he was just that Asian kid that you underestimated at the rec.
  8. Titaneers Ultimate Player

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,429
    well.. unlike tebow, he hates it...
    he's already complaining about the media getting into him and his family's personal lives
  9. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $8,590
    He's having no problem running around Derek Fisher and Steve Blake....but who can't do that?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.