Jeff Garcia?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Garcia is like plan B. Funny, you would think that VY would be plan B, but he's probably expressing his feelings to the team psychiatrist or watching film from the Rose Bowl.

I can't believe how much we've paid that *** bag. ALL down the toilet.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If Collins gets stupid and decides to sign somewhere else, I would be all in favor of bringing in Garcia. I think he can be basically the same thing Collins is.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If Collins leaves I'd easily take Leftwich over Garcia. He's younger, still has some upside as in he really hasn't had a real second chance to succeed yet, and for what it's worth he did just win a ring even if he wasn't integral.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Jeff Garcia> than any other qb we got

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't know if i'd go that far. he's 39 years old and you have to think at some point his skills are going to diminish. i mean, that was part of the reason gruden benched him last year and now the bucs don't want him back.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm for Garcia over Collins. He will evade the pass rush with his quickness when he does get pressured. Our O-line pass block is an upgrade from TB's, as is our run block and run game.

Collins normally will be more reluctant to take the chance on a "pick ball" and he obviously knows the system. I just like Garcia behind our O-Line. He has a much quicker release than Collins (actually caused a few of our screens to be busted plays). Plus having a QB with evade and escape abilities makes offenses much more dangerous.

In my opinion say peace to Collins if he really wants more money than Warner. Bring in the guy who ran the Eagles offense better and more efficiently than McNabb ever has; he can have a chance to be come an ex-"QB that TO killed" with the Titans. I would like that chance a lot better if AH were a Titan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I agree. I would like to see Garcia signed to a 2 year deal and allow VY to sit for one more year and compete in 2010. If not see where Garcia takes us. Garcia is a definite upgrade over Collins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar