Jeff Fishers last year on the sidelines.......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

The contract is still not finished and this is the last year on the contract. Hearing Jeff Fisher talking last night there seems to be something missing from the contract either money or power wise or something. However, do you feel this is truely the last year of the only coach the Titans have ever known?? That would be a sad day for this franchise. What do you think is keeping the contract from getting done???? No one seems to know just thought id see what your thoughts were on this situation. To me there isnt a more important thing than the stability of the franchise.

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Well I do hope we can get this straightened out. I wouldn't want any other coach. Fishers doing just fine.

3. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Nope no other coach will do for this franchise. He is all class he cares about his players, hes a fine fine head coach, has had for the most part quality coaching staff. He also did something no other coach could have handled. During the tough transition from Houston, to Memphis, to Vanderbilt and finally to the coliesum granted we didnt break out like gang busters but we did not have losing season we stayd above water at 8-8 NO OTHER coach could have handled that and survived. Not Tuna or Cowher, or the cheater BB, no body and then the first year we had a stable home in the coliseum took this team and franchise to its first superbowl birth and several playoffs later and 2 AFC Confrence games and multi divison champs. We had some lean years there with injuries and many many blunders in the draft thanks to mr potato-head(reese) but with the draft that brought in Young and this past draft that looks like will have some quality Fisher will have this franchise to its second superbowl no doubt in my mind or any other real Titans fan.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Fisher leaving will be the teams biggest FA hit in history

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

It's only week one lets not over react yet. Plenty of time to straighten this out. The only other guy I would take as a coach besides Fish right now whose available is Cowher.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

losing Fisher in favor of gaining Cowher is not all that bad a deal really

I like Jeff. I've always felt he's one of the classiest coaches and has always been good at what to and not to say

finally letting go of LaMont helped out ... holding onto Schwartz did not

7. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Repeating this for out of towners and non listeners to the Zone. John McCain(sp?) said today, that it is not money but something (he does not know what) small, like control over something.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

This is a somewhat misleading title.

It has been the last year of the contract, but why is it taht this is Fisher's last year?

What announcement has been made?

9. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

We if you guys remember his extention didn't happen until nov. this last year. So it may happen late. Although I believe it maybe his last year. I hope not though. I think if he wins some in the playoffs they may tweek this contract to whatever he's asking. ;)

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Oh brother.. what a line of BS..

No other coach could produce 8-8 seasons the last year in houston, the year in memphis and the year at vandy? Really? What would another coach have done 0-16? Fisher didn't get any more from those guys that any good coach would have. The players got paid. The players knew where they ultimately were going to end up, nashville. The field is the same dimensions every where you go. If anything the team had a reason to pull together and be less distracted. You guys act like playing at vandy for a year was worse than a tour of duty in nam.

And what did 8-8 accomplish? If fisher had taken the team to the post season then you would have reason to be impressed but he didn't. After we went 8-8 in 98 bud was not so impressed he said he was tired of 8-8 every year. Mediocrity under less than perfect circumstances is no reason to kiss a guys behind..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar