Jeff Fisher on PTI...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I guess we'll find out in June. ;)

2. thats what they want people to believe now.. the hit they'll take is nothing if they really wanted him gone.. Dont fall into that cap hit stuff.. At most its like 3million basically (rookie salary)

No.. he had to say we've moved on.. Meaning, we're not dwelling on the fact that hes not here this season (or atleast 10 games) .. They have to move on and deal with whos on the roster.

People only keep mentioning one part of it.. No one is saying anything about how he told the Guy "Thats YOUR assumption" when the guy said im going to assume he wont ever play as a titan.

Don't you think Fisher would have answered that, if that was true.

3. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

It's not the cap hit that would be the problem. I mean, we are hemoraging cap space at this point in time. It's the real world money that Bud would lose out on if we cut Pacman now. They need to let his legal mess wind down. If they cut him now, they can't recoup any of the signing bonus money they already paid him.
    I am still holding out hope that Pacman can work his way back onto the field for us some day. But with the improved play of Finnegan, the offseason additions of Griffin, Harper, and the guy from Seattle (name is escaping me at the moment), I don't think we need him anymore. We can trade him for another fourth rd pick.

4. I think some of you are taking the preseason a bit too far.. For instance...

I am still holding out hope that Pacman can work his way back onto the field for us some day. But with the improved play of Finnegan, the offseason additions of Griffin, Harper, and the guy from Seattle (Herndon), I don't think we need him anymore. We can trade him for another fourth rd pick.

lol... Finnegan has stepped up.. Griffin should be at FS honestly... Harper is decent, but hes 30.. Hes up there, and hes by no means close to being a shutdown..

Right now, these are average/decent corners, but no where close to where Pacman is, when hes on the field.

Examples.
    ---

Finnegan got burnt by Santana Moss on a play. Yes Burnt.. I watched the play multiple times. Santana had a good 2 steps on him (plus a good thrown ball)

Harper didn't have the speed and athleticism to jump a slant route, which Pacman could/would have jumped.

These are small things that dont happen to him when hes on the field.

And I wouldnt dare trade the guy when this is his last chance to prove himself....

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

There are CAP hit ramifications that are significant. First of all if we don't cut Pacman we do have his current salary to play with and although it might not seem like much it is money we can use to extend one of our young guys if they do so this year. Also, we can wait and trade Pacman and get some value. If the Titans can re-coup some of Pacman's bonus money that is more money that can be spent on re-signing a bunch of guys who will be FAs the next couple of years. We have a bunch of guys who will have their hands out wanting to be paid assuming they have decent seasons not to mention I'm sure we would like to remain players in the FA market.
    Add in the possibility of Pacman playing for the Titans again, although remote and it only makes sense to wait to make any long term decisions.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, you can add a "for this season" after every time Fisher says "we've moved on". I agree the cap ramifications are significant - even if it's only $3M - that's not chump change, and could be the difference in shoring up 2 lineman or bringing in a veteran in October when a key player goes down.

As far as Fisher's momentum comment - he said the momentum doesn't carry over into games and that "you still have to relearn how to win", but that it does affect the players' commitment to the offseason program, and it does improve the attitude of the team... Both of those things obviously are a good thing, but the "momentum" is killed by the changes in the roster.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

PTI is a great show, Mike Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser are a perfect combo, my freind got to meet wilbon once, that was gay, but i usually watch there show after school, 5 ET or something like that....

kinda off topic ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar