Jeff Fisher appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

The NFL has not left Fisher in the dust. The real way to judge a coach is to see how well he does when he has a good qb. When Jeff had McNair he was winning division titles and made it to the super bowl. Unfortunately, right after that he got stuck with the greatest regular season qb of all time in his division and never got a good qb again. There are plenty of other examples of this. Mike S's record post Elway is far from impressive, Bill B wasn't known as a genius coach until Tom Brady showed up, and Cowher, as great as his record was, didn't get his ring until Big Ben showed up. It is hard to say that the game has passed Jeff by when you look at the mess he has had at qb. Not to even mention the rest of the lack of talent we had after we dug ourselves into a huge salary cap hole a few years back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If we get a HC who builds a winning team you'll wonder what you ever saw in Fisher.

He was too comfortable and complacent in his position.
    It's an opportunity which could do him good. Take a time out re-evaluate and evolve.

If he doesn't do some self examination he will never build a winning team again.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

read my Lips! NO MORE FISHERBALL!

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sorry to see him go, though it's probably reached the point where it's necessary. So many good memories. Fisher was a great coach for a long time, and he probably can be one again for another team at some point. As a team, we were very lucky to have him for so long as the franchise settled in Nashville. Best wishes, Fisher. Thanks for all of the hard work.

5. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

We are a fan base satisfied with mediocrity. We have an owner that is satisfied with mediocrity. Nothing else explains how JF kept his job for so long.

6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

This is one of the

Happiest days for me as a Oiler/Titan fan.

FINALLY.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

knock it off man. THe guy worked here for 17 years. All I ask is one thread to say thanks for the memories. There are plenty of others to bash him in.

I know that's hard for someone like you to show respect when your biggest career/life accomplishments are the fastest box mover in a warehouse and actor in plays in the boro.

Coaching an NFL team is no doubt stressful. Fisher's early years as a Titan were very successful and for those memories I will always be grateful.

8. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

He tried to hire his own son.......

9. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Sad that the supposed "rational" fans on this board are the ones taking pot shots, then again it is on a jeff fisher appreciation thread, so I guess in the memory of Jeff. :lol:

10. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Thanks for the memories Jeff. You'll be back to the playoffs before the Titans, but there isn't much you could do in lame-duck status. This is likely the best for both sides long-term but this is a sad day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar