JC's Fantasy Tips going into week-1

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Alright so week-1 is days away, and after looking over my rosters in fantasy football, I saw a few things my fellow Titans fan might appreciate. As you may know coaches try keeping their plans for the season quiet during preseason so setting your week-1 lineup can be tricky as no one is too sure of what teams hope to do.

All the following stuff I'm going to say is based off 1 of my 3 teams, so if you have some of the same players, this thread may actually serve a purpose.

Runningbacks
    START EM
    DeAngelo Williams. DeAngelo is facing Tampa, and Tampa is awful vs the run, Williams and his amigos will take turns running up and down the field on the Buccaneers, if you have Williams, play him. Carolina's biggest issue on offense is WR's, so there will be plenty of balls going to the RB's.

Toby Gerhart. With Adrian Peterson coming back from an torn ACL, Minnesota will want to ease him into the lineup. Week-1 may be the only week Toby is worth starting.

Ahmad Bradshaw. This guy kicks off the 2012 season on national TV vs the Dallas Cowboys, Bradshaw has been great for the Giants, and Dallas is bad vs the run. I see the Giants taking an early lead and holding off the Cowboys with their run game. Play Bradshaw and smile.

SIT EM
    Beanie Wells. Beanie's team sucks, their O-Line is in shambles, I think I was drunk when I drafted him. Teams know the Cardinals can't pass and will stack the box to force those bad QB's to make bad throws. My advice, start what ever defense plays Arizona that week.

Reggie Bush. Reggie will see a lot of action since he's all Miami really has, but week-1 wont be a good week for him, he plays the Texans and those guys fly around at 100MPH. Sadly for me he's the best RB I have and am forced to start him in one of my leagues. :gaah:

Wide receivers
    START EM
    A.J. Green. This kid is an absolute monster in my eyes, like Calvin Johnson he's a no brainer to start each week. You could tell every DB across from him what he's about to do, and they'd still look helpless. I'd start this guy vs any defense, doesn't matter, he's getting his catches regardless.

Larry Fitzgerald. The Cardinals offense truly is built to suit Larry Fitzgerald, he'll be the only good thing on that offense. Since no one respects the Cards passing game, they'll stack the box leaving Fitz 1-on-1 running slants all day.

Nate Washington. We know Kenny Britt wont be playing week-1 which makes Nate Jake's first option in TN. If the Titans get into a shoot out vs the high octane Patriots, look for Jake and Nate to connect on some big plays.

SIT EM
    Reggie Wayne. Wayne will have a solid year as the No.1 WR in Indy, but now having to huddle up for the first time in forever, I'm expecting a small drop off from what he's done most of his career. Facing Chicago week-1 doesn't help him either.

Laurent Robinson. No one outside Jacksonville expects anything from Robinson. It's one thing to have a good year with Tony Romo throwing your way, and it's another thing to have Blaine Gabbert throwing not your way. I ran out of time and thats how I drafted this guy. He will be solid for depth when one of my starters has a bye, but don't start this guy on purpose.

Comments?

2. pobo90

pobo90 LP Field Custodian

Kendall Wright seems to be Locker's favorite target. Nate over Wright?

3. JCBRAVE

Week-1 yes, Nate over Kendall.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You should always go Nate over Kendall... until Kendall starts consistently doing better than Nate in the regular season.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Start em: Kevin Ogletree.. ahh shat couple days to wait. Sorry guys.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

MJD, Isaac Redman or Austin Collie as a flex this week? I'm leaning towards MJD

Also, Ravens defense vs Bengals or Jaguars defense vs Vikings...

Also, Jaguars defense vs Vikings or Vikings defense vs Jags lol...I'm leaning towards Jags def vs vikings

7. JCBRAVE

Ogletree only had that good game cause New York had their 15th CB playing nickle.

8. JCBRAVE

Collie needs to retire before he's a vegetable, he's 1 hit away from being mush. Vikings will be better than you think.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

LOL @ all the Cowboy fans who think Ogletree is a star now. The dude was the SLOT WR and was going against the #5 CB. Not to mention Witten and Austin have been hurt. Once, Witten and Austin get into game shape, Romo will be targeting them more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Ogletree will do just as well as Robinson... which is pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar