Jay Gruden finalizing deal with Redskins...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clint8, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

Another candidate off the board. My remaining top 3 candidates are:

Greg Roman - San Francisco 49ers OC
    Mike Zimmer - Cincinnati Bengals DC
    Ken Whisenhunt - San Diego Chargers OC

I have some interest in the Seahawks coaches but BIG question marks remain.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Good. I'm glad he's off the board.

1. Bevell
    2. Roman
    3. Zimmer

3. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

That leaves Zimmer for me.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Personally, I don't think I would want RG3 to be the piece I build my team around.

5. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

I keep looking at 2012 RGIII. First off, the Redskins didn't have a ton of talent around him in Washington and he most certainly didn't have a very good OL. On top of that, he is just now a year removed from an ACL tear and by next year, I bet he will be back to his old ways. To be honest, it'll NEVER happen but I wouldn't mind the Titans sending two 1st round picks to Washington for him. You put him behind Roos, Levitre, Schwenke, Warmack, and a new RT and let him throw to Washington, Hunter, Wright, and Walker with a couple decent RBs behind him and we have ourselves an offense. Like I said, it'll never happen with us but if we got Greg Roman as our HC and traded for RGIII, I'd be ecstatic. I do think with Gruden in Washington that RGIII will now be the trade candidate because he brings more trade value and Gruden prefers a Cousins type QB to an RGIII type (hints why he went Dalton over Kaepernick).

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is good news I think. Keeps Gruden from possibly being our head coach. Good coordinator, but not sold on him as a pro HC.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If he can regain his speed, he's incredible. All this year he was limited by the knee injury.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

I agree completely. RGIII in Greg Roman's offense would be magical.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think if he can get back to 2012 form, you're absolutely right. I just don't think he will. And his arrogant mind, which thinks it owns the franchise (even the owner) will refuse to believe it, and refuse to adapt his game. And his career will be short and uneventful.

That's how I see it playing out. Could be way off.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

I bet if HE is the one that gets traded, then that could humble him a little bit. He would realize he is not indispensable like he thinks he is. Could work magic for him. Like I said, it isn't happening.. but a man can dream can't he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar