Jay Cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

you missed the point. The Titans might have been forced to take Young by the man who pays all their salaries. That was discussed on here before the draft.

2. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

I understand the point. But pointing to this quote as evidence is really silly. I personally would look at what Jeff has said about Vince and understand it. Whatever you think the motives might have been, he seems pretty happy to have VY in a Titans uniform.

Bud has said clearly that while he supported the Young pick (and wanted it), he left the final decision up to the coaching staff. Fisher is about as little of a kiss *** coach as I've ever known. He's usually extremely plain spoken and straight-forward. He's also been around a long time and held his job longer than most NFL coaches. That's why I doubt all the conspiracy theories.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

you have to remember it wasn't Fisher's call as to whom they drafted, he did have a say in it. Other than Bud who has the final say it was up to Reese. Fisher could be speaking the truth about being forced to pick Young. Will the truth ever be known? Maybe in future.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'd much rather have VY as a Titan than have to face him as a Texan.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Taking any of the three QBs isn't the end of the world. Young definately has the most upside so I'm fine with the pick. Now if he looks like Elmer Fud and confused out there I might change my mind but for right now I'm going to hope for the best. It will be a shame when we get beat in the Championship game to a Cutler led Denver team but hey, we got to the Championship game didn't we.

6. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

When did he say that? That's what I'm questioning you on. You've got this conspiracy theory going through your head that Fisher was disappointed somehow in not getting Cutler. Sorry, but I don't see an once of support for that in the quote from Shanahan. Again, Shanahan was not asking for a comparison between Vince/Cutler. So how do you make this logical leap that Fisher indicating that Cutler had no "issues" (meaning character issues) means he wanted Cutler over Vince?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar