Jay Cutler

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titansrule, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He was a 4 year starter at Vandy. He had a breakout season this year, but honestly he was pretty good last year even though he didn't have stats to show it. He probably would have been drafted in about the 5th round and considered coming out early.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Matt's also had a MUCH better supporting cast

3. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

4 year starter and 3 year team captain I think, gotta give him props for working witht the cast he had.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I would have absolutely no problem drafting Cutler w/our first pick... I almost look forward to the thought of it.

5. danny

danny Guest

Okay, fine, but trade back a few picks and pick up some draft picks for this and next year's draft. Maybe be trade down to around 18-20 and pick up a third rounder this year and a first or second next year.

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

That may be true but you still have to perform. Matt wins games under preasure. A LOT! They wouldn't be undefeated if it weren't for him, IMO. I like Jay and I certainly wouldn't be disappoitned if the Titans got him. I just think Leinhart has more to offer. You can teach football but you can't teach a guy to make big plays under preasure and he's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can make big plays under the most expreme preasure.

7. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Jay has certainly won games under pressure, true not to the extreme that Leinart has. But when you have Reggie Bush to fall back on its certainly easier. Watch Vanderbilt highlights from Wake Forest, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and especially Tennessee. All games won in the last drives.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Not arguing with that. You have to understand I'm a big ND fan and I pooped myself when Matt made that pass for 60yds when it was 4th and 9 with the game on the line. Pretty impressive. Then on the other hand, Jay is and Indiana boy that grew up in Santa Claus IN which isn't to far from where I'm from so I guess he's alright too. Hell, I'd just be excited to get a good QB for the future.

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I'm sure there'll be fans of both (I'm staunchly in the Vince Young camp, provided he comes out...), but for the record, I'll be happy for anything that helps "us" win again. Whatever that move proves to be...

10. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Cutler may not be there come the mid part of round one (1)... theres a good chance he could go in the top ten (10), fifteen (15).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar