Jay Cutler = Top 5 qb in the league this year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I get what you're saying. But I think Roy's #'s wont drop. They'll just pass more efficiently. Less incompletions, less interceptions = more catches.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Oilers leading receivers over a short period.

Hill 72
    Givens 60
    Duncan 22
    Drewry 11

Hill 66
    Givins 65
    Jeffires 47
    Duncan 43

Jeffires 74
    Hill 74
    Givins 72
    Duncan 66

Jeffires 100
    Hill 90
    Givins 70
    Duncan 55

Jeffires 90
    Duncan 82
    Givins 67
    Slaughter 39

Slaughter 77
    Givins 68
    Jeffires 66
    Duncan 71

Jeffires 68
    Slaughter 68
    Givins 36
    Coleman 20

Jeffires 61
    Sanders 35
    Russell 24
    Lewis 16

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

What you'll notice is that when Jeffires emerges, the team got more balls as a whole, and as he declines, they get less and less. Nearly the same qb, and nearly the same offense.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Phi,
    I know very little about the team at that time, but I'll certainly agree that more talent at WR can increase a teams passing productivity as a whole. The problem in this discussion is that we're looking at a VERY productive passing offense already, and at some point it gets saturated, and you just can't squeeze in much more. The lions already had two WR with over 80 catches, and a RB with over 60. I just don't think they can get a whole lot more.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

There could be a slight effect, if everything goes really well, but I doubt it will do much. The thing is that Kitna was already fairly effective. His completion percentage was in the top ten percent. Sure, he might throw 10 less interceptions, but while that will help his QB rating, it won't generate that much more offense for the lions. He's already above 20 TDs passing, very rarely does a QB get much higher than that. Usually only 2-3 QBs in the NFL get more than 25 TD passes.

While I think it's pretty much guaranteed that the Lions will have a decent offense and generate solid stats, I think it's going to hard for them to really improve very much. A lot of things worked out very well for their passing game last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar