Jay Cutler>Mike Vike>Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I just reread 330's post, and you are misrepresenting what he said. He NEVER said that VY PURPOSELY injured his hand against the Redskins. He said that this season VY has injured himself CARELESSLY, with no reference to the Redskins game. I do not know which injury he is referring to, but my guess is that he is referring to the time against the Jags that he tried to pick up the ball after fumbling it, instead of just falling on it. Was that done on purpose??? NO. Was it careless??? YES.

Also, I am not a season ticket holder like SEC is, but I have watched some games from the 300 level. And the answer to your question on whether one can see a pass sail on the sidelines is ABSOLUTELY.

Next time get your facts straight and actually respond to what was posted instead of creating a straw man to tear down.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Ok i'll concede your first point and add on to the second. Can you see a player grimace in pain from that high up while he's got his back turned to you? Just curious.

3. CheeseheadTitan

No I can't, but the doctors who told Fisher on the sideline that VY was done(which I watched during the "Fisher mic'd up" video) probably could.

Are you trying to say that VY was ok to play? Were you one of the Doctors on the sideline, and just got outvoted by the "Fisher appointed" plants? Any other "conspiracy" here that I may be missing??

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You know, they show replays on ESPN. And DVRs can record games.

Is it that crazy to think someone that has attended a game has probably seen a highlight of an injury to the team's starting QB??

5. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Haha. No, sadly I am not. Simply saying that when something stinks it usually leads to crap. I just grow very tired of all the VY bashing because he finally said something about the way he's been treated.

6. CheeseheadTitan

OK...fair enough, although if you read SEC's post you will see that he is not bashing VY. He, like I, was a strong VY supporter who has just grown tired of the constant drama surrounding him, as well as his inability to grow up.

Just answer me this one question...IF, Fisher is fired (which I personally think he should be for a variety of reasons, but treatment of VY is not one of them), AND, VY's issues with maturity and leadership continue into next season, will you start to lose support for him?

7. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Absolutely. And yes Fisher should be fired. I will also gladly say it should have nothing to do with the VY situation. It should be because he's a loser. Plain and simple. And I don't think it should be limited to Fisher, Cecil should be on the 1st train out and as bad as I feel for Dinger and his family. Its his time to go as well.

8. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Actually. What I would love to see is VY on a team not run by Fisher. Even if it means its not here. That's the only way all the speculation gets put to rest, one way or the other. I just feel there are much bigger problems in Tennessee than VY's attitude. Not putting the best players on the field, no adjustments, and no responsibility when things go south. Replace the coaching staff Bud, please!

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think the treatment of VY is a valid reason, not at all a sole reason or main reason. There are legit reasons to criticize Fisher's handling of VY (and really any and all QBs he's coached when you think about it).

I have to disagree with all those that say he should have been benched in the Pittsburg game. Those are the exact kind of games a growing QB should play in. (and yeah, its year 5 he shouldn't still be a growing QB, but we all realize with his maturity he is... or was)

To me, Vince stooped to Fisher's level. Vince should have handled it like the bigger person. All things considered, McNabb handled things pretty well this year in Washington. Of course he's faced much more adversity throughout his career.

Then again, Vince's actions towards Nashville seem disrespectful. I can't really remember Fisher every doing something that seemed that way (maybe the Colts jersey thing). I never liked it when Bulluck said he would "never live in TN" after his career was over... although I understand it from his perspective (i guess). I quit being a fan of Kearse because of rumors he "hated Nashville" and couldn't wait to get out of TN. Those were probably baseless but still he was a gator so it was easy for me to buy.

Basically I just want them both out of here it's almost painful my desire to see this team just TRY something else.

10. CheeseheadTitan

I was actually at the Pittsburgh game (came into town that weekend), and I thought that he was really struggling, and had just been spiked by the Pittsburgh D (why that was not a penalty still escapes me), so I thought it was appropriate to put him on the bench at that point...just chalk it up to difference of opinion.

I will admit, after the Redskin debacle I was pissed at VY for his actions, and was pretty strong in my posts about him. But what has happened since is more troubling to me. Where has he gone since then?? He is on IR, but other players on IR show up for practices, or at least, show up at the games to support the team.

I said this on an earlier post on another thread...take a look at Brett Favre. He is out for the season, and plans to retire this year, so basically his career is over. He was at the Philly game last week, supporting a young QB.

To me, VY's absence over the past few weeks bothers me more than his behavior after the Redskins game. He was asked not to be in the Titans meetings that following Monday, and I am sure that this would piss me off as well, BUT, at some point I think someone who truly wants to be the leader of this team would swallow his pride, man up, and come back to work, despite what Fisher thinks or does. The fact that he has not done this shows me that he is still pouting, and clearly illustrates (to me) his immaturity here.

I am like you, I want them both to go. However, I think that the most we will see here is Fisher leaving (not even positive about that, though, with the CBA going on). Either way I think we see VY back. I would love to see him mature into what he could be, but I just do not see any indications that this will happen any time soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar