Jay Cutler hasn't _______

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Haha...I don't agree with him bringing up Cutler all the time, but I do wish the Titans would have taken him over VY and Leinart. He is better then both and I would love to see what he could do with CJ and Britt alongside of him. The truth is the franchise made a mistake with VY, and in my opinion in keeping Fisher this long, it's time to start correcting those mistakes. If we don't make the playoffs this year, hopefully we can land one of Luck, Barkley or Landry Jones in the draft, and hire (this is going to be a wild card, but everything I read and hear many around the NFL believe he will be a very successful head coach) Brian Schottenheimer as head coach. May have to make me a sig like yours with those 3 QBs and a pick of him, haha.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree with Schottenheimer if he does not revert to daddy's style of play (the original Fisherball...) after he becomes a HC.

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I don't think he will, he has tried numerous times to open up the Jets passing game, and Rex asks him to dial it back down. I really liked how he handled Sanchez last week in the final drive against Indy...the timeout before the throw to Braylon, Sanchez came over to the sideline, and Brian asked him "Whattya wanna throw kid?" Braylon came over and told them he had been getting pressed, that he could get over the top, and as the time out was ending, Brian said.."You make the call kid.." He let his young QB make a throw he was comfortable with instead of forcing a play call down his throat. How much confidence do you think that gave Sanchez in that situation?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Honestly, I STILL don't want Cutler, I'll take a QB in this draft over Cutler any day. I'm not fooled by 1 decent season. I just don't see it. I don't think he's that good of a QB. His career will be one of Carson Palmer, some flashes but he'll never be who people thought he'd be.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree...Cutler isn't an elite QB in this league, never said he was, just that he was the best QB in that draft, which was a draft much like this one, with no franchise QBs.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'd still take Vince Young with a better attitude and coach who knew how to use him over Cutler.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Your hate for Cutler is clear and was noted after I made a post about what we should do at QB and you turned it into Cutler being Carson Palmer. We do not need to have the Cutler vs VY debate again on this forum. There were no franchise QBs in that draft, there are no franchise QBs in this draft, that is the point I was making. Every QB in that draft had character questions, and Leinart had arm strength questions on top of it. 3 out of 4 QBs in this first round have character questions, and Locker has performance questions. I should note that of all the QBs in this draft, I like Locker the best, but only as a 2nd round pick. None are worth a top 10 pick in my opinion.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I disagree, there is a franchise QB in this draft.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Who? As I have said numerous times, Locker is the only one close, but without a strong showing at the Senior Bowl there is noway you can use the #8 overall pick on him.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It is Locker for sure. And I'm more concerned with his senior bowl practice than I am his senior bowl game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar