Javon Walker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2008, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

It looks like he won't be suiting up for the Packers next season. This could definately be the number 1 receiver we've been looking for although he's coming off of an ACL which may limit him in the near future. I think that he should be back in form by the end of this season, though. Maybe trade our 2nd rounder for him ?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Javon Walker

yyyyeeeesssss ..... hmmmmm ..... yyyyeeeesssss

funny how guys in the NFL are suddenly signing HUGE deals and leaving the next year ..... funny funny league

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah it makes no sense.

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

A #1 WR is not that important right now with some more experience Bradon Jones will be our #1. LB is a more pressing need

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

didn't Duante just sign a $100million contract - then have a suck-butt season - a major injury ...... and now he wants to leave

same thing (sorta) with Javon
    ditto at Drew Bledsoe (years back)

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think BJ will be a great #2, but still not sure of his ability to be a 1
    he looked good for a rookie in a new system

i'd love us to get a bona-fide #1

i might even be crazy enough to get TO in on a 1er
    Walker could play for me too

anything that helps this team win ballgames

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think you will find most teams will look at T.O for a one year deal.

KC apparently will only offer one year, incentive laden contract or something.
    Denver's interest isnt as big as it is made out to be according to their GM (or owner)

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Javon never got a big contract. The reason he held out in the first place was because the Packers were unwilling to negotiate at all even though he was being paid near the league minimum and had just put up 1382 yards and 12 TD's.

So you think we should draft a linebacker that MIGHT be a solid starter and will PROBABLY NOT turn into a pro bowl caliber player instead of giving up a pick to get proven pro bowl caliber receiver ? :suspect:

9. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

i would!!

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, I would love to have Walker, however with our other needs I don't want to spend 2. round pick on him, unless we also pick up a LB in FA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar