Javon Hargrave

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Anyone familiar with South Carolina State University's DT Javon Hargrave?

I saw some intriguing gifs of him on twitter and tried digging stuff up but not much is out there. Do we have any South Carolina State University fans?

Heres what I did discover.
    Combine numbers: 6'1" 309lbs, 4.9 40 time, 29 reps at 225, 9-foot broad jump, 4.7 20-yard shuttle (all better than Jurrell Casey at his combine)

And some game tape

From what Ive found he looks like a 3rd round pick, but then Rotoworld compares him to Geno Atkins and Aaron Donald :woot:

Thoughts?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I'm REALLY hoping Nkemdiche slides to #33. He is sort of like DGB last year...many picking him to be in the 1st Rd, but with some questions about off-field stuff, he could slide that far. Will be hard for teams in the bottom of the 1st to let him get by them, but this draft is so deep on the DL, some of the teams that normally would take him will instead go with guys like Chris Jones or Billings.

I want to see Andrew Luck squirm and constantly harassed by an interior rush by Casey and Nkemdiche (move DaQaun Jones to NT). Would be an awesome sight to see.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

I like Billings at 33 more if he's there but Nkemdiche would be nice if we miss out on Billings

I'm not so sure Jones is a good NT

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really don't think we have the depth around the rest of the defense to spend a high pick on a 3-4 DE.

Not saying the guy is a bad player, because I don't know. I just can't help but feel that a 3rd-4th is probably better spent elsewhere.

5. JCBRAVE

Might be but I'm just exploring all options for our 3rd pick

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I'm just not that sold on Jones, period...but I don't think he would be viewed as a NT. I'd rather take Shawn Oakman at the top of the 3rd, if neither Nkemdiche or Billings make it to #33. Oakman CAN be an absolute beast, but he probably needs to go to the right system. LeBeau should be able to coach 'em up if anyone can.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. 615nick

615nick Starter

Haven't seen much of him, looks pretty nice tho. If nkemdiche is there at 33 idk how we could pass that up. He has top 5 talent, imo. As far as oakman, i would love to get him late, but he's got some developing to do.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I don't think Oakman will go any later than the 3rd. After a stellar 2014 season, he could have come out and been a 1st Rd pick. But if none of the top DT's make it out of the 1st (Reed, Robinson, Nkemdiche, Billings), then I would much prefer to take a corner at 33 and snag Oakman at the top of the 3rd.

Remember, Bosa's numbers dropped after a stellar 2014 campaign as well. UT's Wonder Boy DE, Barnett had his numbers drop after a big freshman season in 2014. The common denominator, IMHO, is that offenses keyed on those guys last season. Bosa was double and triple teamed most of the time.

Offenses study you after a breakout season, and they know your tendencies...what your favorite moves are in a given situation. Thing I like about Oakman more than the other DT's/ 3-4 DE's is that he has the height and long arms to bat down a lot of passes and athleticism to chase Andrew Luck and Blake Bortles down when they are flushed from the pocket. Nkemdiche can do that, too...but not guys like Billings.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I rather look for a big FAT Nose tackle type is what we need right?

Basically we only have Woods right now and he get might get injured.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

Bosa realistically only got doubled or tripled a handful of times a game, and to make matters even more depressing for the Bosa fan boys, he plays LDE mostly against RT's and TE's and still did very little last year.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar