Jason La Canfora - "...Colts' wild ride ends right here"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I agree with this I watched us on Replay last night and got more nervous our DB's in second half made Leinart look like a Pro Bowler. Peyton is probably licking his chops I don't see us winning this game our Defense is suspect at best. Also I went to the Texans game last week the Colts Defense looked real fast in the 2nd half I say final score will be. Colts 35 Titans 24

2. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I wonder if form he means physical shape? Yes we finally have everyone back and healthy but something is still not quite right with our D. (I think people underestimate the impact of losing both fat albert and jim s.) Even though its nice to see the offense for once actually winning the game for us and not the defense, it doesn't give me anymore sense of comfort. The D has to get back its shutdown style of play. Which I think is starting to happen slowley but surely.

The only advatage to this week as aopposed to last week's scheme is that the Titans and Colts know each other so theirs no suprises and both teams know what to expect. Our D will play better I'm confident in that.

Also I hope the old option (something Peyton would never be able to run) gives the Colts fits and they get burned on a lot of play action passes trying to prevent CJ from taking it to the house. Should be a fun one to watch.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

losing Jimbelina was a big plus.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

In his defense, or Chuck Cecil's for that matter, there has been much more 'crafty' blitzing from our defense in recent weeks. They have been incorporating a little DB blitz package that has been effective, and over all has allowed us to get more pressure then in the first 6 games. We do typically stick to a 4 man rush 7 man coverage but they have been mixing it up lately.

The thing is, when you rush guys against someone like Peyton and don't get to him then he crushes you with huge plays. It's a risky gamble everytime you take guys out of coverage against great QBs.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

hit Gayton hard first play, even if it draws a flag.
    [​IMG]
    He gets the happy feet

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

man do i miss the greg williams blitzing days, hes doing a great job over there in new orleans

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Chuck and Fisher figures, if the Titans are allowing more touchdowns to opponents than any other team while rushing 3-4 guys, then why give up more with blitzes?

I'd love to see us Play the Saints and Blitz Brees all day.

8. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Now that's just crazy talk right there. NO is on a different planet right now.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

i noticed lately we have been going deep on first down to establish that Vince can pass. I think that's genius, open the defense up early with the pass then let CJ finsh it off. Let manning play catch up and just play the front of the field, we know this team better than anyone. This is why im happy jeff is coach, he prepares us for them better than any coach could.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You have to look at this from a different perspective then most seasons. This year has been two different seasons...pre-bye week, when we gave up 59 points in one game, and post bye weeks, when we're averaging 18 points allowed on D. That's a top 10 number. I understand that when you googled 'Titans Scoring Defense' the stats said we were close to the bottom, but if you look at the past 5 weeks, our D has been playing very tightly. Limiting playmaking receivers like Johnson, Fitz, and Boldin, holding good teams to minimal points, etc. SOOOO please quit coming with this 'allowing more TDs to opponents' jibber-jabber.

We got our a$se$ handed to us with a banged up secondary for the first six weeks and that stat doesn't even get close to telling the whole story. When you play Indy and NE back to back without your 1, 2, or 3 DB, you give up some points. Lets take a look at our defensive production now that they're healthy and have a QB who can orchestrate a drive that doesn't end in a punt or INT. I think that paints a more accurate picture. Granted, we have some weaknesses that need addressing...lets just look at this realistically. This team is NOWHERE NEAR the 29th worst D, regardless of the stats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar