Jarrett possible a bust!?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by dgood, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

Oh, and why aren't more people talking about Craig Davis and Anthony Gonzalez. Both of these may be available with our second rounder and will probably be better than a few of the afor mentioned guys.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Outside of the 1st round WR's I think we shoud look at Aundrea Allison form East Carolina. He's fast, good hands, hardworking, and loves to play. He is however a bit undersized at 6'0 195 lbs give or take 5 lbs, the level of competition, and needs to add some strength and weight as stated above.

Mike Walker is an intruiging WR as well. As well as Steve Smith I think any of those 3 would be good 3rd round pick or Mike Walker maybe even later like the 4th round or so at the latest.

Sleeper- Jacoby Jones WR Lane, I want him in round 4 or 5.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd take Jacoby Jones in 3 or 4. The closer it gets to draft time, the less likely I think he'll last to 5. Could be wrong. I'd really like to know how the Titans regard him. Once those top guys clear out, I can see him going pretty high. If we basically weren't going to go after a recognized top name in one or two, I'd take this guy with our third. I wouldn't be that upset. Then we'd get to hear him interviewed.

Put it this way: I'd take him in three just as soon, maybe sooner, than I would Dwayne Jarrett in two.

Pat Kirwan thinks we should take Jarrett in one. Will this be the last year the pundits can tie a USC player to Norm Chow, as far as being coached by him?

Bowe is who I'd take for the system, I think, bar none.

Meachem is the risk I'd take at the receiver position in round one.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Mike Walker caught my eye as well.

I also wonder how well (or Rice-like) David Ball will do in the NFL.

Still, if we could get Jacoby Jones in 4, that would be ideal. I'd about be willing to go all defense on day one. CB, DE, DT/S.

5. So, are you guys saying we should pass on Jarrett, because of his 40? Because, before the 40 yard dash, everyone had him on there mocks, now since its not a 4.3 - 4.4 they're ready to put him in the second.

You guys are over-rating thr 40

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont want him because it doesnt take a 40 yard dash to tell he's slow. he doesnt have a burst, suddenness, quickness, he provides nothing after the catch, and he cant get off the line of scrimmage against press coverage, but aside from that he's all-world...

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'm with you on that. He'll be lucky to avg. 6 yds a catch.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Close this thread, its obvious a lack of knowlege was exposed in teh making of this

Jarret gets open, Jarret catches balls(Ginn cough Ginn), Jarret breaks tackles, Jarret walks into EZ, EZ gets points, points get winsIf I wanted to, I could replace every Jarrett with T.O, because that is what Jarrett is going to be, a T.O of Wrs.

If we told Jarrett we wanted 10 extra lbs of muscle added on during his rookie season and next offseason, id doubt there are much, if any corners that could even attempt to stick him at the line or force him outside

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

God, I hate to say this, but I'd like to see us get Meachem- if he's not there, then get Bowe. I'm not big on Ginn. He sounds fragile with his workout times and lingering foot problems. Bad injury for a WR to have, especially if it is effecting his straight line speed. No doubt his cuts would be severely effected.

10. dude, people say that CJ drops balls quite often too... so i wouldnt really pay attention to all the comments about the hands, unless u see it for yourself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar