Jared Cook worth $10.5M?!?! What!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Damn, forgot all about him.

urite.
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

The only chance of Cook getting 1000 yards here is if we franchise tag him and he feels he has to work his ass off for a chance at a big contract.

And that's not a WR franchise tag I'm talking about because he sure as hell hasn't warranted a 10 million dollar one year deal.
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I would not mind tagging him as a WR and playing him at a high majority at the position. AT WORST he flames out and at best we get a big guy that makes replacing Britt a forethought. I am all for it this time.
  4. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

NO way we want to tag him as a WR. It would be a total injuestice for the NFL to declare him a WR anyway but if he is no ay the Titans are tagging him at 10 mil. We are looking at a guy who is worth 6 mil a year at best. They can sign him to a 5 mil a year contract if they put the 10 mil tag money upfront a a bonus anyway.
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How is he the best player? He can't block and he is maybe our third best WR.
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cook is dynamic enough as a receiver to tag for $6M but not for $10M.

If there is another Nate Washington type out there in free agency sign him. For an average price of $4.5M he has been great value averaging 52 catches and 750 yards a season. He's a good leader and team player.

Give me 2 guys like that and tell Britt and cook to blow.
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What team would Cook get 1000 yards? The Browns?
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

If this is the case I would rather they use the tag on Velasco or not use it at all
  9. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

Why would be interested in another Nate Washington type WR? We of course still have Nate and D Will. We also have Wright. Assuming Britt is a short timer what we need is that wide guy who can run with size (basically another Britt with more than half a brain). We need another Nate Washington about as much as we need another Hawkins.
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

It is more than that. The most he gets the better he looks when trying to hustle potential clients:

"See what I got for Jared Cook and he sucks. Imagine what I could get for you!"