Jared Cook out?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SlidePiece, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Griffin has a cute contract with us that pays him like a top Safety... Hmmmm he plays like a wet ****ing noodle. The FO is scared to move away from him because it lowers the "talent" of the team... However griffin has no care about football anymore. He's collecting a check. His talent is lost in his horrible attitude and effort. There isn't anyone here on this board that likes his play

How is he holding up back? He effects drafting and FA strategies, it's unlikely with him being under contract that we will go after top Free agent safeties to replace him or draft one... Because well we are "forced to" and they HOPE he gets his **** together... Har har har.

Kenny Britt. Yea oh Kenny... This dude is a continuous liability... Especially in the off season. Constantly finding trouble. He says all the right things and then goes out and does all the dumb **** in Jerz. Then when he gets in trouble again SOON enough, he will get suspended.. Then we won't have his half ass talent even on the field, team hurts cause of his stupidity.

Here's the thing with britt, his talent level is mad high. Could be a top ten WR in the league... You know why he isn't? He DOESN'T ****IN CARE. He doesn't even like Football, doesn't watch football. Has no drive to compete in this league other than get paid...

Another thing, his hands we horrible last season... Wasn't doing anything but double catching balls and dropping ****... He's got the talent... But why is he having to look like a rookie? He ain't putting in the work, then in a year he's going to want this humongous ass contract after a subpar season... Based on what he "has" don't... Not what he will do.... I have no faith in this dude. None. He gets not a thread of benefit in my mind.

People like to think back when he single handedly dominated the eagles... That was a wild game and showed what he could do... I don't think he's going to be that cat anymore. His mind is in the wrong place... That's how he's holding us back...

When you have talent on the roster, it's hard to move away from it... Even when it's not peaking or hitting its full potential... You try to force it to work, but 9 time outta 10 any average joe who knows half ass decent info about football can look at it and say... Nope, that's a failed experiment ... But the FO keeps em around... You can only fill so many needs... But those players still hold the team back. Unaccountable.

What's griffin thinking over there? Well I played whiff ball last year... They gave me a contract... Guess that's my new standard......

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I do believe we should tag Cook, hiwever if we don't I won't be that upset. We could use that 5mil (or whatever it is) on OL, DL, or a DB instead. We have an OK backup in Craig and Thompson has a ton of potential.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Griffin actually had a decent year in tackling. Numbers dont lie man, plus I saw him make some big hits as well. Did he play great? No, but good enough. Hes better with a dominant Dline. So lets address our Dline issues which therefore will make him and our secondary a heck of a lot better. Then he would not be holding us back at all, in fact he would be pro bowl level again.

Britt is not holding us back because he is still on his rookie contract and played through injuries last year and we still drafted a WR last year with the first pick. Its not like they had to wait on him to decide if they should draft a wr or not. So the team was NOT held back by him. He does not hurt the team either. So your argument with Kenny is just hatred and not facts.

4. TitansWillWin2

And I'm sure we will still look to upgrade our safety situation via free agency or draft. We got bigger problems then Griffin and Britt trust me.

The only true thing holding this team back is Jakes shoulder injury and lack of experience because now we have to wait another year to see if he is going to be any good or not. Where instead we could move on like the Jags are if we knew more about him.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The O-Line is holding us back, not Jake, not CJ, Britt or Cook, the fat boys up front sucking is why we're stuck.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

Wow, TitansWillWin2 just gave me my 5000th high-five, thanks pal!

7. TitansWillWin2

Haha you prolly have close to a 100 from me

8. JCBRAVE

And all of yours are probably from me

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansWillWin2

Make better bets lol. Naw for real though prolly 20-40 are from you.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Can someone explain to me what Thompson has done to be considered full of potential? It can't be his whopping 6 receptions surely. Is it that people saw him pancake a DB on special teams? What?

I hope you're right, I just don't see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar