Jamie Harper

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansrule00000, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

If CJ doesn't perform well again this week Is there any chance Harper may get some more playing time? Is there any chance CJ gets benched, and Ringer and harper split carries, or at least get more playing time? Just wondering what everyones opinion is, I would hope that Munchak gives them a chance considering how terrible CJ is this year.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That entirely depends on if Munch is Fisher 2.0 or a...good coach

3. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

We've had this conversation a bunch of times.

I have nooooooooooooooooooooo clue why Harper only has 4 carries and one catch this season. He was such a steal in the early fouth round. Thought the Jets would take him in the second. He had a huge preseason.

It's not even just that I don't get why he's not starting above CJ. I do get that. I don't agree with it. But I get it. CJ was an elite-elite back in the NFL just two years ago, and a top 10 or so back last year. Now we signed him to a mountain sized contract, and I guess the Titans don't want to give up on him until they're sure he's good for absolutely nothing. As I said, I don't agree with it. If a player isn't producing, I say next dude up.

But what I don't even understand is why Ringer's getting the extra carries. Ringer isn't ****. Ringer never was ****. Ringer never will be ****.

I think CJ and Harper should split carries until one clearly surpasses the other. I'd put my money on Harper doing it in three weeks. And Ringer should ride the bench.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If CJ doesn't get it together this week, it's time to start dividing up the carries way more. After this week he no longer has an excuse to still stink.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think they should give Harper a chance and see what he can do.Start giving him five or six carries a game.Like i said before its crazy that just because they paid CJ huge money that we have to play him even when its bringing the team and offense down.Hey its Bud Adams wallet not mine or the guy sitting in the stands supporting our team.

Wonder if they reduced CJ's load if he would start playing better?

6. BeatADeadColt

Exactly... It's week 7 right? This is just about how long the rest of the other players had in the offseason, and regular season's much more intense.

If he doesn't have it together now, he was just a waste.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

2 games ago he had a 100 yard game and last game wasn't terrible either....

CJ is miles from where he was week 1 and miles ahead of Jamie Harper

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lol downplaying CJ last year that much? He was 4th in rushing yards with nearly 1400 yards with the 31st best O-line. I would consider that pretty successful. He also had more broken tackles than AP or any other RB in the NFL last year besides Foster.

It's seems to me that at this point in the season CJ is close to what he was last year as he showed the past two weeks to be much better but no runner will get 150 yard games until we improve our o-line. Harper should be getting more carrier but Ringer looks like he doesn't even deserve a roster spot if you go by the stats. If you actually watch the carries you will see he's hit in the backfield on way too many carries, just like CJ, or just like Harper will be.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Considering he didn't stink the past two weeks, I think he has a little more breathing room than you guys are saying. He hasn't been the player we need him to be but the last two weeks have probably cemented him as getting close to where he needs to be and the RB getting the majority of the carries with hopefully Harper getting 5-10 a game.

10. BeatADeadColt

I just did a little research. These stats may or may not be surprising. BTW I didn't know the outcome of these stats before I looked them up, so don't excuse me of being biased.

Here's what running backs did against the Browns this season:

Darren McFadden: Carries: 20 Yds: 91 Avg: 4.6 TDs: 1
    Chris Johnson: Carries: 23 Yds: 101 Avg 4.1 TDs: 0
    Daniel Thomas(Who? LOL): Carries: 23 Yds: 95 Avg: 4.1 TDs: 0
    Cedric Benson: Carries: 25 Yds: 121 Avg: 4.8 TDs: 1
    Joseph Addai: Carries: 14 Yds: 64 Avg: 4.6 TDs: 0

Soooooooooooo...... Against the Browns. Chris Johnson's only 100 yard game, and the one his fans like to point to as the "He doesn't really suck" game.... He has the lowest average yards per carry against the browns compared to every other running back that's started against them. Lol.

Actually to be fair to chris Johnson, his average was a few hundreths of a percentage higher than Daniel Thomas of the Dolphins. I don't know who that is. Does anybody? Lol. Does he make 50 million dollars too?

Let's also keep in mind, that besides Darren McFadden, that's a HORIBBLE! group of RBs.

Cedric Benson, Joseph Addai, Daniel Thomas, Chris Johnson, and Daren McFadden all posted over 4 yards a carry against the Browns. That doesn't say much for CJ, it says a lot about the Browns.

• High Five High Five x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar