Jamie Harper head-to-head comparison.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BeatADeadColt, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

In terms of blocking for the run, that's exactly what I'm saying.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I noticed you weren't on the list?

CJ: 3 games played; 59 touches; 0 TDs
    Ringer: 2 games played; 15 touches; 1 TD

:kiss:

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Whatever dude. Paint any picture you want to. Our offensive line sucks, until something changes there we won't be running worth a damn. Ringer Harper or CJ.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I did no painting in that picture...only our players did..

Talkin' to me about painting pictures after you try to frame me in another thread.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

For anyone that dismisses Harper's preseason stats -

Go back and look at CJ's preseason stats last year. He sucked like he is now.

6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

your sample size is skewed. You are comparing Jamie Harper in 4 preseason games to CJ in 3 regular season games. Anyone who thinks we should start Harper over CJ is talkin' crazy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I guess we are all grasping at straws trying to figure out just what in the world is wrong with CJ and our running game.Is it because CJ came in late without having enough preperation or is it because the O line sucks in running situations?

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

It's a combination of things. Oline is playing like sh*t when it comes to run blocking. CJ isn't finding holes to run through. He isn't in football shape yet but by week 4 he should be..

9. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

You wanna argue the difference between three and four.

I'm not really saying give Harper all the carries, I'm saying give Harper MORE carries. Basically.. what I'm proposing, since Ringer and Cj suck and Harper's unproven in gametime situations. We run the ball 30 times. Harper gets 10, Ringer gets 10, CJ gets 10. Whoever has the biggest game starts? Fair?

I think it'll be Harper.

Actually I think CJ will get it together sooner or later. I'm gonna guess after the bye. But until he does, what's the point in giving him the bulk of the carries?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I actually think Jamie Harper can fix our running game. He's bigger load to bring down, if we know the line isn't going to run block, why not have the big back plow forwards for yards..... C.J. may break tackles, but he can't run anyone over. He's done it, but that's at full speed, coming out of the backfield, Harper may be our best option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar