Rumor James Harrison is likely headed to Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Should the Tennessee Titans try to recreate the 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers - Music City Miracles

Thoughts on this? If you're too lazy to read, it's basically saying the Titans should sign Polamalu, Harrison, Taylor, and Woodley. If we signed all 4 to vet min (which is possible) we could still have $52mil to spend on other FAs. I'd sign Polamalu to a 2yr deal, while all the others to a 1 year deal. These 4 are instant plug-and-play FAs, although old and not there former selfs, they're still better than our current starters at their positions. It would allow for our rookies to learn LeBeaus complex scheme and to be mentored by some great vets.

This wouldn't be my #1 option on how to rebuild our team, but I think signing these 4 would atleast get us media attention and make our team competitive. Still would like to find impact rookies to steal playing time for these old farts.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Competitive = 7-9, 8-8, 9-7? Been there, done that. And then, in another season or two, we'll be back where we are now looking to plug holes to stay mediocre.

Many of you asked for this. The idea: being horrible means getting the best picks. Best picks means better talent which develops into a team that builds towards some deep playoff runs in a couple of seasons.

I never bought into this approach as the Titans don't have a great track record with early picks in recent history. But, now that we're here, I'm willing to start rookies over bringing in retreads just to get young talent experience. Sink or swim should be our motto in 2015.

If the Titans can return to glory, it'll be through the draft. There's a place for free agents but it needs to be guys with enough tread to sure up a position for the next 3-4 seasons and not guys on the back-end of their careers.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. xpmar9x

Don't get me wrong, i'm using these guys to be competitve this year, while the rookies develop and learn behind some LeBeau based vets. Once the vets leave, i'd hope the rookies would come in and fill their shoes with improved play. It's a stretch, but extremely possible. I actually trust our coaching staff to develop players, something we've lacked for the last few seasons.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sort of TJ. Certainly the earlier you pick, the more OPTIONS you have to better the team. I don't disagree with that at all. The 2-14 was unpleasant no doubt but increased options are necessary to correct the bad record we've had in the early rounds the past several years.

My complaint continues that until recently this organization trusted the same people who screwed up before to manage the draft process. They fired Lake Dawson- maybe that's good I don't know. But they kept Ruston Webster. He's been terrible. Both in drafting and FA. And he was Reinfeldt's understudy in many BAD contracts. They advanced him (in house) to GM. they have advanced some other in house guy also. I think Tommy is just too unfamiliar with football, football operations and has too few productive relationships with "football people" in other organizations to lead the organization in a fresh and new direction.

It's the Adams team. Tommy is the "owner n charge". And he is not in touch with the Nashville community and apparently unwilling to invest in somebody local who is. I think the organization is in a terrible way right now. One that is so bad right now it is unlikely to ever return to its former Nashville glory.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do you think getting Mett out there last season was smart? I do. I was critical of it at the time because I felt Whiz was mailing in the season. But, once it was obvious the Titans had no shot, I wanted him to get as much work as possible and hate he didn't get more.

Throw these young guys out and see if a guy like Williamson emerges. Those are the type of players who will only get better with experience.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I have no problem bringing in a vet if you are in need of that locker room sort of leadership that a vet can bring. I don't think we need to bring in all the Steeler retreads. I want us to focus our FA on young productive guys...Buster Skrine, McCourty, Williams, Hughes, Bulaga....I'd be pleased if could land 2 or 3 of these guys.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I like that, but we could still bring in a guy like Harrison or Polamalu for leadership and teaching of LeBeau's tricks and trades.

I would also put Woodley through a physical,to see how healthy he is. His legs have had a lot of time to heal and he may have them back, provided the biceps surgery has healed.

8. xpmar9x

I loved that. I feel like if it was Fisher or Munch they would of kept the vets in over giving the young guys a shot. Mettenberger picked up so much experience by playing in 7 games. Hopefully he's not being lazy this off-season and instead is giving 120% in the gym and studying tape.

I just wish Whiz would of gave Sankey more touches.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He did an interview last week, said his offseason was really boring studying football.

10. xpmar9x

That's what I want to hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar