Jameis Winston Private Workout

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Aqutis30, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Does anyone seriously think that Winston or Mariota are going to become elite QB's? This is just typical best QB available this year hype. Neither are good and both will either be gone or backup fodder within 4 yrs.

Trade back or if you can't, take Willams.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Exactly..I think Winston is a better option than Mariota but either aren't Luck, Brady or Manning type players for this franchise. I'd go Williams if no decent trade.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

AFC scout: “He's a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can't create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy. I don't think there's a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I'm dead serious. None of them are worth it.

AFC scout: “I don't like him. He's a clone of Harrington and Boller. They all throw the same way. What have those guys done? Nothing. If you take him in the second round, fine. Heady guy. They do a marvelous job of coaching quarterbacks there. I don't think he's as good as the top quarterbacks coming out last year.

Scouts on A.A. Ron Rodgers

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Its always fun to go back and look at old drafts and see who worked out and who didnt

2005 NFL draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. TitanJeff

6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

It really seems like the draft really is sort of over rated. Of course there are a few obvious picks that everyone knows will at least be solid but it seems like it matters a lot more where the players go and what coaching and influence they are exposed to.

We know all about how some teams can take a highly coveted player and totally ruin him. Then you end up seeing these gems like "A.A. Ron Rodgers" that sit behind a great QB for years, with great coaching and a great team until one day people are like, "where did THIS guy come from?"

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Epic riposte TJ.

Here's a thought for you though. Would Rogers have been the elite QB he is today if we had drafted him? Would Steve Young have had a HOF career if the 49ers hadn't traded him from the Bucs?

There's luck in drafting a great QB and even then the right circumstances have to be there for it to work out.

It takes the right team and the right fit more than ever now that newly drafted QB's get thrown in to start right away. For example Eli Manning had an erratic first few years until he was paired with Kevin Gilbride. RG3 had a good start until Shanahan put his tenure before RG3's health. RG3 has never been the same since.

Mettenberger could yet turn out to be one of the greats with the right pieces around him. Was Derek Carr really that bad? Poor guy never had a chance with the woeful protection that the Texans gave him. That's waht I'm afraid's going to happen to Mettenberger or whoever we have as QB this year. They're going to get killed behind our O-line.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well see Webster incompetence and precarious state of franchise and season ticket holders throwing good money after bad and lack of overall fan enthusiasm. Mariota.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Neither are terrible, but neither are andrew luck or peyton manning either. Wish we wouldve gotten Derek Carr last year. He would've been a great match for Wiz.

Now we have to choose between a POS and a dog with his tail tucked between his legs. Awesome.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  10. TitanJeff

Yes and no. :brow:

Seriously, I think Rodgers would have been pretty good anywhere and even if he started as a rookie. It would have taken longer. He obviously thrives with the talent around him as well. I doubt he's elite if he is playing for the Titans but he'd still be a top 10 QB.

I agree to a certain point but I also think quality players emerge regardless of the circumstances. There's been quite a few solid QBs who were on average teams throughout NFL history.

DCs figured out RG3 and he didn't mature as a QB (much like our own Vince Young).

You meant David, right? David Carr was not good. He wasn't good post-Texans either on teams who gave him better protection. And Mett might be a stud. He flashed some solid play mixed in with some awful. Whiz got to see him in practice and the film room so I hope he has a better feel for his future than I do. Right now, I'm not betting Mett will get the Titans where they need to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar