Jake Locker's Time?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by gran54, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think you misunderstood me bro, I said I was not a fan of the pick when it happened. I honestly thought we'd take Fairley.

BUT I'm now Jake's biggest fan. He won me over once I saw him play. I've got all the confidence in the world in him.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good, you should. :)

3. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

Our Qb situation is a good thing problem to have.The answer of who to start all comes down to what a teams goals are.Jake is coming along great but,do you really want him to start a playoff game aganist the patriot defense in foxboro.Most would say "yes" to get him experience,but why fry jake and your franchise on national t.v. when you have Hass who has been there done that,he can handle the pressure and not lose confidence.Locker is going to start when he is 100% ready and prepared for anything that comes his way and will be able to adjust without losing confidence in himself.V.Y looked good when subbing for collins,it didn't turn out well when teams had a year to prepare for V.y

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'd have to say that would be....

1) JCBRAVE
    2) Jake Locker's mom

I'm on board, but I think we need to settle down for a bit.:ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

We're past that experience nonsense. If Jake starts its because he is the better QB. Which is pretty obvious.

6. turnNburn

turnNburn All American NCAAF Gamer!

If Locker doesn't pan out (which I know he will) we can always call up Al Del Greco!.. He always got us out of grit situations.......... NOT lol

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The Pats had one of the worst defenses in the NFL last year. So yes, I would prefer Jake to start against the Pats in Foxboro. Guy has already played much harder defenses.

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Jake Locker ,love the kid to death but he would benefit from riding the bench another year. Believe me I wanted nothing more to see Locker flourish last year and take over the reigns at quarterback. His completion percentage was 51.5 percent which needs improvement, but not terrible for a rookie. What was discerning was the amount of interceptions that were dropped by the defenses when Locker was in. I have high hopes for the kid and would love for him to start day 1 next year, but I would rather see him progress more, have a better defense around him, and more developed weapons.

9. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

So when should he start? 1yr from now? 2yrs? Regardless of when he gets that chance (to start in the playoffs) its going to be his first..and its going to be tough whether thats this year, next or the year after. He's not going to become more prepared for the playoffs sitting on the sidelines..you become better prepared and gain confidence the more you have the opportunity to experience different situations

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Your problem is you're comparing Jake Locker to Vince Young. I assure you these two guys couldn't be more different.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar