Jake Locker's Play vs. Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is also why it's such a tough loss.

We would have shocked the nation with a W today and everyone would have to call us the biggest surprise this season whether they think we're good or not.

Blew a golden opportunity today.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I thought it was over at that point. But as soon as the Cows tied it up I just knew we weren't going to win the game. We had simply squandered too many opportunities. I knew it was bound to catch up with us.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yep, instead of us being on the national radar the story is now "Those RESILIENT Texans with ANOTHER come from behind victory! Ohmygoodness they so elite."

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

You want to know how I know te play calling was bad?

Loggains called a play action pass in our own end zone. Play action in our own damn end zone!! Who the hell does that?

5. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

I thought Locker played well enough to win today. I'm sure there are a few throws he'd like back, and I'm sure there are a few balls the WR's know they should have made a play on.
    I think what stood out to me was that this team is still piecing it all together.

I'm confident enough in Jake to let him ride out the season as starter. I think his biggest issue is consistency. But consistency only comes with more repetitions. The team played well today, give them time.

6. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

Titans fans gave Steve 3 seasons as a starter and 5 seasons total before he became an upper echelon QB...

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

At least the Texans have a Locker type FG kicker.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

As bad as this loss is, we are playing hard nose, close football games.

We can win any game this season, and we can make the playoffs. Once that happens we have just as good a chance to make it to the Superbowl. Munch will take this one game at a time and we should still be making some noise this season. It may have been a loss, but we still made a statement.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Our offensive play calling showed me that this team is afraid to let Locker throw. Everything was effective except him. 30 throws for 148 yards....fumbled a snap.... missed at least 5 receivers on third down/ drive extending throws. Locker played like garbage. This season he's thrown 50 passes for 270 yards, just over 50% completion. In other words, dink and dunk easy throws and missing a lot of them.

That being said, the offensive play calling was every bit as terrible. When we had 4 minutes left, had just gone 99 yards by letting Locker throw and run a spread offense, we went run run pass punt to let them get the ball back. Locker missed an easy pass on that third and one, and it effectively blew our opportunity to win this game. All we needed was a field goal.

Our defense was outstanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar